Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Big showbuidings mean big rides. I'm confused as to why that is a bad thing for an amusement park.

But sight lines!

But honestly, I think this building is going to blend into the park far better than anybody expects and even if it looks ridiculous from outside the park, who cares.

Mission Breakout is probably the most gaudy thing Disney have ever built but I love it and in the list of what makes a good ride, the show building design is near the bottom.

Imagine if the show building was a recreation of the opening fight of GotG2. Circling the monster with the carriages keeping the focus on the beast. That'd be pretty cool, right? I'm picturing that level of movement - keeping your eye focused on big things whilst moving, rather than crazy spinning like Primeval Whirl style.

Screams Hollywood Studios still - ride the movies type stuff. Hey-ho.

In the spirit of the new positive leaf I'm attempting to turn over in this thread, I will say that yes, such a thing could be cool if done right (preferably in a different theme park, but still cool). That sounds more elaborate than what we've been lead to believe will be inside the building, though.

Reactions: Nick
First piece of track has been installed! It's in the launch tunnel and matches that angle from Bio's shots. Very steep hill (going up or coming down?). I couldn't get a picture but saw it from the monorail. The track looks HUGE and makes the building look smaller due to the scale.

When looking at the front of the UoE show building is the track on the left or right? Left is launch, right is return.

First piece of track has been installed! It's in the launch tunnel and matches that angle from Bio's shots. Very steep hill (going up or coming down?). I couldn't get a picture but saw it from the monorail. The track looks HUGE and makes the building look smaller due to the scale.
Track!

Last edited:
When looking at the front of the UoE show building is the track on the left or right? Left is launch, right is return.
Can't really tell from the monorail. Looks nearly centered from the train. Also looks like really close clearance on the building framework.

But sight lines!

But honestly, I think this building is going to blend into the park far better than anybody expects and even if it looks ridiculous from outside the park, who cares.

Mission Breakout is probably the most gaudy thing Disney have ever built but I love it and in the list of what makes a good ride, the show building design is near the bottom.

I’m about 90% certain this is going to be the best received ride in Epcot’s history by the general public. It’d be 100% but for the rapturous applauds at the end of Soarin every single ride. Can we blame Disney?

Finally someone got/posted a picture. From Blog Mickey:

guardains-of-the-galaxy-roller-coaster-track-installed-1.jpg

guardains-of-the-galaxy-roller-coaster-track-installed-2.jpg

Why in the Ego the Living Planet is there track installed this early? The ride won't open for another two-and-a-half years!
Because they already have it on-site and track installation is one of the easiest parts of the build. Since this is a "new" ride system, it will certainly need a decent amount of test and adjust time, but before it can open at all, we also need to get the Guardians together to film for the ride... which was why this was slated for 2021 - to coincide with filming of GotG 3. Now that Disney screwed that up, it no longer will be convenient and they will likely have to schedule a day where everyone is available for a few hour shoot.

Because they already have it on-site and track installation is one of the easiest parts of the build. Since this is a "new" ride system, it will certainly need a decent amount of test and adjust time, but before it can open at all, we also need to get the Guardians together to film for the ride... which was why this was slated for 2021 - to coincide with filming of GotG 3. Now that Disney screwed that up, it no longer will be convenient and they will likely have to schedule a day where everyone is available for a few hour shoot.
And because, I’m sure, Disney LOVES spreading costs out over multiple fiscal years.

And because, I’m sure, Disney LOVES spreading costs out over multiple fiscal years.
Well yes, that too. This ride could've easily been open for Early 2020 if Disney had been pushing it a bit more. I think it's as simple as they wanted to spread costs as you say so they decided to stagger the openings of the attractions so that it guarantees something new each year leading to the 50th.

Well yes, that too. This ride could've easily been open for Early 2020 if Disney had been pushing it a bit more. I think it's as simple as they wanted to spread costs as you say so they decided to stagger the openings of the attractions so that it guarantees something new each year leading to the 50th.
If it weren’t for the Skyliner passing directly behind France I’m sure Ratatouille wouldn’t have gone up so fast either. Looks like they want that back street and new facade looking decent by the time Skyliner opens, and it’s interesting to see them actually work fast on something.

Now the inside of Ratatouille, that they may drag their feet on after the front looks decent.