Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 457 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

Funny how it would use pinball flippers and turntables to essentially do what Disney created with the Shanghai pirates ride, rotate the boat to face different directions. Biggest difference here is the boat isn't tethered. Seems like a lot of moving parts to accomplish something simple (so I guess Disney has patents on the two tether track system already).

View attachment 8440

View attachment 8441
View attachment 8442
To me this doesn't look feasible. Disney had a lot of issues with flooding on the Shanghai Pirates ride system (the movement of the boats moved the water from earlier scenes to later scenes which would've resulted in the flooding of the later scenes and little water in the earlier scenes). To solve this they slowed down the boats and devised a special pump system. Constantly moving flippers and turntables sounds like a recipe for disaster. Not to be a debbie-downer.

Last edited:
To me this doesn't look feasible. Disney had a lot of issues with flooding on the Shanghai Pirates ride system (the movement of the boats created moved the water from earlier scenes to later scenes). To solve this they slowed down the boats and devised a special pump system. Constantly moving flippers and turntables sounds like a recipe for disaster. Not to be a debbie-downer.
Yea, all the problems of turntables and track switches, but in water.

Would be neat if just once our boat wasn't knocked off course so we can finally visit Hadrosaur Cove though!

Yea, all the problems of turntables and track switches, but in water.

Would be neat if just once our boat wasn't knocked off course so we can finally visit Hadrosaur Cove though!
Totally agree with you guys, that could be a disaster waiting to happen, with track switches, turntable, flippers and of course H2O. Although would be very fun and a new adventure with JP. I would love the unexpected and get knocked off course and experience Hadrosaur Cove or even a T-Rex nest. It is very exciting to see stuff like this and would love to see it. Thank you all for the pics of this, now my never stopping brainstorm creative brain is in overdrive.

EDIT: Oh thought some of you may want a good laugh, but someone told me they know for 100% from a UC Intern, that both Uni Florida & Hollywood new changes for the ride would be 100% VR......UMMM NO, VR on a water ride and that would take away the awesome dinosaur AAs, thought you all may like that giggle.

Totally agree with you guys, that could be a disaster waiting to happen, with track switches, turntable, flippers and of course H2O. Although would be very fun and a new adventure with JP. I would love the unexpected and get knocked off course and experience Hadrosaur Cove or even a T-Rex nest. It is very exciting to see stuff like this and would love to see it. Thank you all for the pics of this, now my never stopping brainstorm creative brain is in overdrive.

EDIT: Oh thought some of you may want a good laugh, but someone told me they know for 100% from a UC Intern, that both Uni Florida & Hollywood new changes for the ride would be 100% VR......UMMM NO, VR on a water ride and that would take away the awesome dinosaur AAs, thought you all may like that giggle.
If there's one thing that VR tech likes most, it's moisture!

If there's one thing that VR tech likes most, it's moisture!
Exactly and VR would ruin it, I dont like the VR when I did Kraken. VR would suck for JP, would be here take away all the awesome stuff Uni can do & just say here wear this get wet and its the best Dinosaur adventure. I can do that at home with my Samsung VR. I thought you guys would like that giggle, I had to share. Now is there possible if like the enclosed area they are doing in Hollywood, would Projection Mapping be something to do or that probably ruin the sets as well.

Reactions: tankart150
The intern mightve misinterpreted ar for vr... Id be somewhat nervous having all that power running to a boat though, but there are plentiful solutions available im sure an engineer smarter than us mightve figured out already.

Thanks!

Funny how it would use pinball flippers and turntables to essentially do what Disney created with the Shanghai pirates ride, rotate the boat to face different directions. Biggest difference here is the boat isn't tethered. Seems like a lot of moving parts to accomplish something simple (so I guess Disney has patents on the two tether track system already).

View attachment 8440

View attachment 8441
View attachment 8442

Man, all these patents make me think that there'll be so many unique rides in the fourth park. It's nice to see UC being allowed to go wild.

Reactions: tankart150
I don't like sand. It's course and rough and irritating... and it gets everywhere.

Almost made the comment myself, but decided to let someone else have the joy. ;)

I was trying to think what other Universal property features heavy amounts of water other than Waterworld...JAWS. That would be cool if they brought Jaws back to the parks. Probably a pipe dream though, and wouldn't be the same.

Would they possibly use the "flippers" to amp up the current JPRA ride? I was under the impression that they were just retheming Hollywood's, but this could hold some water (pun intended).

Status
Not open for further replies.