Lower Lot Redesign | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Because that’s a whole new land. This is already going to be Jurassic World. And I don’t think it’s weird because of the movie, I think it’s weird because of the layout of the lower lot. The gyrosphere would go where Mummy is now, most likely. But you’d have to have the entrance to SNW and Transformers in the middle of JW, which is really weird.
The entrance would be weird if left like that but an extension near the bottom of the stairway so you depart into the lower lot hub w/ JW behind you, SNW left, Studios Tour straight and SciFi city right. I think this could work these are hopes of course but JW extension is the most likely thing after SNW for the lower lot.

And your were the one who mentioned the movies and timeline, not me, I just referenced your statement.

Honestly, I classify the park more to this as of now (excluding Parisian, French, and Baker).

Upper Lot: Universal Blvd (DreamWorks Theater, Universal Plaza, WaterWorld, The Walking Dead Attraction), Minion Way (Minion Mayhem & Super Silly Fun Land), Springfield USA (The Simpsons Ride & Downtown Springfield), Studio Plaza (Universal Studio Tour), Production Central (Animal Actors/SES), Hogsmeade (FJ, Hippogriff, Ollivanders)

The Lower Lot, has no sense of identity; at all (at-least as of now), as I would hope that they would go through the effort of trying to be more cohesive.

Honestly, I classify the park more to this as of now (excluding Parisian, French, and Baker).

Upper Lot: Universal Blvd (DreamWorks Theater, Universal Plaza, WaterWorld, The Walking Dead Attraction), Minion Way (Minion Mayhem & Super Silly Fun Land), Springfield USA (The Simpsons Ride & Downtown Springfield), Studio Plaza (Universal Studio Tour), Production Central (Animal Actors/SES), Hogsmeade (FJ, Hippogriff, Ollivanders)

The Lower Lot, has no sense of identity; at all (at-least as of now), as I would hope that they would go through the effort of trying to be more cohesive.
Your right about the lower lot hence my thoughts of JW,SNW, and SF city w/ studio tour(Studio plaza). A Fleshed out lower lot.

Upper lot Universal Blvd(entrance) w/ the walk dead being switched out with new walk through attractions every few years, AA and SES make way for dreamworks additions and add Dreamworks theater for for a full land. Studio tour moves to lower lot make way for a Hogsmeade addition. Minion way adds SLOP and becomes Illumination way.

So Upper Lot has entrance(Universal Blvd), Hogsmeade, Dreamworks Market, Illumination Way, Springfield and Waterworld(its so great it deserves its own spot).

With all this going on I think USH becomes something of a juggernaut in the community based on the line up. This is hopeful speculation of course so yeah.

Given how it was rumored to be on the chopping block (maybe it still is), I wonder if there's any possibility of ROTM getting a Jurassic World overhaul? That would push the JW theming a little further into the lower lot, but I get the impression cohesive isn't of total importance down there.

Given how it was rumored to be on the chopping block (maybe it still is), I wonder if there's any possibility of ROTM getting a Jurassic World overhaul? That would push the JW theming a little further into the lower lot, but I get the impression cohesive isn't of total importance down there.

Possible? Yes. Does anybody want that? Hell no.

Reactions: smoaT
Bringing this up from the IU Photo Report, but they are doing a more..permanent Jersey Rail now.

IMG_6877.jpg

Photo Update: September 8, 2018 – Universal Studios Hollywood | Inside Universal

(Note that they still have the temp's from previously.

Reactions: Magic-Man
While Nintendo still seems to have lots of adjustments taking place as it builds, it is a very cool time to see the future of the park over the next 3 years. I am mostly excited for SLoP only becuase its fully unique and new. The Upper Lot needs balance, and SLoP will help to tip the scale.

I think what I am guninely curious, is of what is coming AFTER the opening of SNW, because of the amount of space 33-44 and Mummy share.

But yeah, Pet's excites me. And even if it's just ditching the trackless, but keeping the aspects that excited me with the first version of the ride (the trackless wasn't the best part), it'd still be a great ride.

I know this hasn't been brought up in a while.

@Al2020 Are the plans still that we will be getting a unique version of Diagon Alley or has that been scrapped?

Reactions: Al2020
DA has been all over the place like SLoP. Do not expect it to be a reality until after 2025...if that...or ever!

If they were to wait that long to build DA I would rather them just not do it at all. It would be such old news at that point, unless they did something entirely different with the USH version.

Reactions: Freak