Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused but intrigued. I just hope they don't enclose too much because the ride was amazing because it's outdoors. The level of immersion could have been corrected, the thing is that Orlando got this lavish foliage that enclosed you and in Hollywood we had some bamboos and that was it. That was the only think I liked better from Orlando. What is intriguing as well it's the patent. Not sure if it is a system that would turn the raft backwards or is it something more amazing.

The patent may be for Beijing. I’m betting they get a Jurassic boat ride of their own, in addition to other new JW stuff. The river ride was in early concept art for Beijing, but may have been a placeholder. Either way, that will be the first Universal park to get Jurassic “World” instead of “Park” from the start, so I’m intrigued.

The patent may be for Beijing. I’m betting they get a Jurassic boat ride of their own, in addition to other new JW stuff. The river ride was in early concept art for Beijing, but may have been a placeholder. Either way, that will be the first Universal park to get Jurassic “World” instead of “Park” from the start, so I’m intrigued.

There wasn't a JW boat ride anywhere on the concept maps, so I don't think that's what the patent is for.

Could be Panda.

My thinking to that being the JW Overhaul..is the question of the projection mapping.

Perhaps they're thinking of using something like this with Jurassic World, to orient the direction of the boat's with the imagery?

My thinking to that being the JW Overhaul..is the question of the projection mapping.

Perhaps they're thinking of using something like this with Jurassic World, to orient the direction of the boat's with the imagery?
I haven't seen any evidence of the altering the trough. So I'm thinking no. There would have been a lot more work and concrete before enclosing the trough.

I haven't seen any evidence of the altering the trough. So I'm thinking no. There would have been,a lot more work before enclosing the trough.

And I would agree, but what I'm thinking of more; revolves if they may be making changes to the original indoor building to accomodate something like what the patent represents..as opposed to it being something that we would've noticed already.

I like how that looks, but like @Alicia has said with all the turntables, flippers, & track switches would be a disaster , especially with the water. Although, they may have found a way to deal with that. I would love for it to be here in Orlando, would be fun. Hope to see more on this, very exciting, intriguing, and looks like fun. Until more one can only hope. But here just to think maybe they waiting for the T-Rex babies to grow up and decide. Please make this (if they do) to Universal.

Attachments

• inside uni funny.jpg
    inside uni funny.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 16
Interesting to note that the curve after the arch (sorry never been to USH) does not appear that it will be fully enclosed. You can see that they wrapped the cross beams in the DensGlass (yellow subsurface) which will then be covered in concrete for theming. Kind of reminds me of the ruins look that they are going for on new Hagrid Coaster in IOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.