Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don’t hear people complaining that Butterbeer isn’t alcoholic. Ya know, like it is in the books.
I don't think its alcoholic in the books. Besides the kids drinking it, only house-elf can get drunk off it.

They have those already on the market.

Customizable and officially-licensed? Made out of high-quality material? I don't think I've seen those anywhere.

There most certainly is but do you want to buy it in a theme park and carry it about all day with you unless you're staying on site and can have it delivered to your room.

I was envisioning the emphasis being more on the hilts, with detachable/removable blades as add-ons.

But yes, either way it's not something you'd probably want to be walking around with all day. But then again, I've seen people slogging through Universal parks with bags upon bags of Potter stuff.

Reactions: natespf
Customizable and officially-licensed? Made out of high-quality material? I don't think I've seen those anywhere.
Customizable and licensed? No. High-quality material and licensed? Yes. Signature series and others. Other places who do customizable and high quality on market though.

Plus, given the number of lactose intolerant adults there are, the market shrinks further. Butterbeer has a wider appeal, in my opinion. Personally, they should scrap the blue milk or the instant bread thing from "The Force Awakens" and just come up with a drink or food that looks like it's from another planet but is tasty. Gimmicks are just that while actual good food will have repeat business. Not that anyone will be able to get into the area enough to become a repeat customer.

Pretty sure lactose intolerance would have ZERO effect on a blue milk drink success if it actually contained milk. Although it was called blue milk by fans, I don't think it's bee canonically called blue milk. Unless the D23 display counts as cannon.

Many adults are averse to milk for some odd reason, I drink tons of it. My teeth and bones are ultra healthy. No breaks, and no cavity until I was 40.

But regardless, I absolutely want some sort of meal served with "blue milk". It made a reappearance in the new movies, so it is still current.

It's arguably the most famous fictional drink from a movie ever. Not having it would be a MASSIVE fail by Disney. Of course, not having THE Cantina in a Star Wars Land would also be a huge fail....

Although besides Butterbeer, Universal has some fails too. The Flaming Moe is awful, as are many other Potter drinks. Especially the fake sweetener ones.

Add in the plastic cup, with Galaxy's Edge imprinted on it, and my $13, who are we kidding, $20, is ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkiBum
Pretty sure lactose intolerance would have ZERO effect on a blue milk drink success if it actually contained milk. Although it was called blue milk by fans, I don't think it's bee canonically called blue milk. Unless the D23 display counts as cannon.

Many adults are averse to milk for some odd reason, I drink tons of it. My teeth and bones are ultra healthy. No breaks, and no cavity until I was 40.

But regardless, I absolutely want some sort of meal served with "blue milk". It made a reappearance in the new movies, so it is still current.

It's arguably the most famous fictional drink from a movie ever. Not having it would be a MASSIVE fail by Disney. Of course, not having THE Cantina in a Star Wars Land would also be a huge fail....

Although besides Butterbeer, Universal has some fails too. The Flaming Moe is awful, as are many other Potter drinks. Especially the fake sweetener ones.

Add in the plastic cup, with Galaxy's Edge imprinted on it, and my $13, who are we kidding, $20, is ready.

I used to love milk but it went from mild intolerance to full-blown allergy. No more milk or cheese. I may have cried. So, if they have a smoking section anywhere in SWL, with they call it the "Death Stick Zone"? I would suppose that people might want a blue drink but cost and quality aren't exactly Disney's strong suits on park food. I am curious what all they will serve in the cantina, though. Do they go with any alcoholic beverages or just space drinks?

Things are starting to slowly resemble the same boring period for RotR as Falcon in that the cool stuff is happening behind closed doors and all we're left with is "rock on a stick".

I used to love milk but it went from mild intolerance to full-blown allergy. No more milk or cheese. I may have cried. So, if they have a smoking section anywhere in SWL, with they call it the "Death Stick Zone"? I would suppose that people might want a blue drink but cost and quality aren't exactly Disney's strong suits on park food. I am curious what all they will serve in the cantina, though. Do they go with any alcoholic beverages or just space drinks?

Things are starting to slowly resemble the same boring period for RotR as Falcon in that the cool stuff is happening behind closed doors and all we're left with is "rock on a stick".

I think the Cantina is the place where Disney can make a fortune. Special kids and adult drinks. Special tankards. Special food.

But don't try and make a bunch of healthy froo froo crap. Bounty Hunters aren't vegetarians.

The Cantina should be HUGE. But I believe it is not at all. And If they wanted to keep it small, make 2 of them. It will overtake CRT for ressies, or have FPs. And will need time limits to keep the bar from being full of neckbeards al day.

Reactions: therock and SkiBum
I don't think its alcoholic in the books. Besides the kids drinking it, only house-elf can get drunk off it.

It's implied to be alcoholic - Harry makes the observation once (I think in Half Blood Prince) that he would have to wait to observe Ron/Hermione's actions "under the influence of Butterbeer". Sugar might be a drug, but not that much!

It's implied to be alcoholic - Harry makes the observation once (I think in Half Blood Prince) that he would have to wait to observe Ron/Hermione's actions "under the influence of Butterbeer". Sugar might be a drug, but not that much!
Although not stated one way or another the suggestion is, if it is, its is an extremely low level of alcohol, probably less than .05%

On merchandise....I think Disney is hedging big bets on “exclusive” Batuu related merchandise. They aren’t putting all this work creating a “new planet” to sell T-shirt’s with “Hoth Life” printed on it. You won’t be able to find any of this stuff at your local Walmart.

I can see the EBay auctions now...

The food at Pandora has had fairly good reviews, and I’m expecting similar things. I don’t think anything will ever top butter beer or the dole whip, but who knows.

I see “blue milk” as being some sort of milkshake. If you put ice cream into. People will eat it.

I personally didn’t like butter beer. But I realize it’s “part of the experience” for a lot of people.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
The worst part about right now is that this is what we face:

1. Seven months before SWL open in Disneyland, followed by Youtube blowing up from all of us impatient people looking for ride footage. Nothing to look at but general outside theming until then.
2. Seven to ten months before MMRR opens and gives us a brief flash of hope.
3. One year before SLW opens at WDW which becomes more unbearable if the reviews from out west are so awesome that phrases like "mind blowing" are used too frequently and with actual meaning.
4. For WDW, three years or more before Fastpasses become less than impossible to obtain. You might have to book a two-week vacation if you want to get a FP on your last day.

Even on IOA, we still have six or seven months (roughly) for the new coaster to open. At the least, we stand a chance of actually riding it without waiting five and a half hours.

The worst part about right now is that this is what we face:

1. Seven months before SWL open in Disneyland, followed by Youtube blowing up from all of us impatient people looking for ride footage. Nothing to look at but general outside theming until then.
2. Seven to ten months before MMRR opens and gives us a brief flash of hope.
3. One year before SLW opens at WDW which becomes more unbearable if the reviews from out west are so awesome that phrases like "mind blowing" are used too frequently and with actual meaning.
4. For WDW, three years or more before Fastpasses become less than impossible to obtain. You might have to book a two-week vacation if you want to get a FP on your last day.

Even on IOA, we still have six or seven months (roughly) for the new coaster to open. At the least, we stand a chance of actually riding it without waiting five and a half hours.

I'm usually anti on-ride videos and spoilers but I don't think I'll be able to wait with this one. I will be watching.

Reactions: truejonas
I'm sure Disney will promote the opening of the land (at Disneyland) like none ever before. There will be copious national television coverage, for sure, and along with that I wouldn't rule out something along the lines of what they did for Expedition Everest...

Reactions: Ryno27 and therock
Man, I wish Disney is doing a "Making of" special like they did with Diagon Alley for this.

LOL, oh they will. they have already had "inside" looks since this park was announced. The marketing budget will be huge, especially because it's opening in two parks around the same time.

Reactions: Ryno27 and SkiBum