Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 398 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So..they're at a form of verifying stage for parts of the attraction? Interesting..

Honestly, I'm having to think June/July at the earliest, so it can be at the kick start of the summer season.

Um... what again is a commissioning crew?

What it sounds like. Crew from the various vendors to come in and install and set up their equipment per contract. Likely Intamin mostly right now but as more effects and A/V components are added they will be commissioning too.

Reactions: HPFred
I didn’t notice this before... what are the loud speakers for? I cannot recall seeing them on a work site ever.

To announce tea time? Coaster coming through?

It could be something as simple as announcing weather shutdowns with all of the storms in the area since it's a pretty big worksite

Reactions: universal_fanatic
seams Intamin is going for short forceful bursts of strong LSM rather than a full line of weaker LSM might be for power efficiency?
With the retractable brakes on the HP attraction but not in the dueling invert not having its prob due to roll back distance.
The new hp coaster will have lots of block sections with multiple trains on the track, while the dueling will prob only have 1 train on the main running block at once so stopping has more distance

with the switch track and drop track and multiple trains. when this ride needs to stop in a emergency/ block error (which causes auto e-stop) the ride will need to stop quickly. the lims can do it partly
I think universal wasted the retractable brakes as a extra saftey mesure, plus it stops the train alot quicker when needed

Reactions: HPFred and Ryno27
This is the boring stage.

It's the equivalent of finding a great tv show, binge watching 7 seasons, getting to the last episode and then having to wait 18 months for the next season. Looking at you Game of Thrones.

On the plus side, we should only have, what, 6 months before we have some teaser trailers? (For the ride, not GoT)

Status
Not open for further replies.