Nintendo Switch | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
yeah, Fire Emblem and even Metroid are "niche" titles. Mario, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Smash, Zelda are still the bread winners for Nintendo. Everything else is minor league.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates did a lot to change the mindset, and outside of Shadows of Valentia (which was more of a remake for the fans); it has done well over here.

Not to mention, as Quinn said..it has made a splash quite well overseas.

That said, I do think Metroid Prime 4 is the one that'd make a lot of sense to be revealed. It'd be very much appropriate for the audience that TGA gets; and has been one of the games that has been quietly in the shadows.

Reactions: Mike S
DtF6fYUU0AUcKsO.jpg:large

Going back to the sales of the Switch, I have to wonder if its underperforming in Europe/Asia outside of Japan which is the biggest reason why analysts are suspecting it won't meet the 38 million units.

America lifetime sales are at 8.2 mill just in the US as of 26 Nov but outside that what are the numbers.

I think this will drive the development push for next year during which we will definitely see some changes I hope in more dynamic game pricing (Mario Party was over priced as well as Sushi Striker) as well as more thought out First/Second Party games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
I mean, the most FE has sold is what? 2-3 million copies? That's not *great* for a mainline Nintendo title

Fire Emblem wasn't even released in the States until 2003 but were a staple in Japan since 1994. Its the Mother/Earthbound/Xenoblade/Yokai Watch situation where the game wasn't released overseas until the hype had died down.

Remember Nintendo's core audience is Japan with NoA and the rest of the world as secondary.

Fire emblem will make a splash overseas...whereas Metroid popularity is very much domestic and Europe. Is Nintendo directing announcements at VGA towards US audience or international audiences?
Considering last year it was Bayonetta I think it’s just the “hardcore” demographic they go for with VGA, which Metroid fits.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
That announcement, will be details of the Expo on the 8th (presumably in JP time zones).

It goes to show how FE has resurged, especially in the east.

As far as..thoughts, I wonder if FE Expo may bring up the topic of the Atlus/Nintendo Tokyo Mirage Session's: FE to get something again (whether a port or new game) for Nintendo Switch

I agree with basically what he’s saying, minus the opinion that weakening Pokemon to catch them is fun. That’s always been the most tedious part of these games.

I think, just like Red/Blue, this is a really good base of a game. If there’s another big jump forward with Let’s Go Johto, it’s gonna be perfect

DPing..

I think I know what Quinn is getting on, because the Fire Emblem site from Nintendo, Fire Emblem World; is back online after a period of time. And from what it seems, it has a layout similar to that of the Smash site.

I don't think it means much, but..it is something to look at.
__

That said, to talk for a second..they said ten game reveals. And, additional updates to games coming out (or updates for games already out). If they do Fire Emblem: Three Houses, that's not to say we couldn't see a proper reveal of Metroid Prime 4 to couple with it.

DPing..

I think I know what Quinn is getting on, because the Fire Emblem site from Nintendo, Fire Emblem World; is back online after a period of time. And from what it seems, it has a layout similar to that of the Smash site.

I don't think it means much, but..it is something to look at.
__

That said, to talk for a second..they said ten game reveals. And, additional updates to games coming out (or updates for games already out). If they do Fire Emblem: Three Houses, that's not to say we couldn't see a proper reveal of Metroid Prime 4 to couple with it.
Tbh they don’t even have to show Metroid Prime 4 to make me happy. Showing off an HD Trilogy collection and saying 4 will be at E3 would be more than enough.