Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Haha, like a sort of riff on the only good part of Scream 3. I dig it. Fits in nicely with Randy's rant.
Yeah, all of the good stuff to work with is in the first one. There isn't really anything else from the sequels that scream "maze material" to me.
It's an awesome idea and I love that the show has a canonical explanation for awkward transitions. Feel like that sort of thing would require the soundstage though.
That brings up another issue: ST is for sure coming back and HoHH is likely. Getting 747 back could really come in handy. If it comes down to only one sound stage house, I hope they give it to HoHH because that needs it the most.

Yeah, all of the good stuff to work with is in the first one. There isn't really anything else from the sequels that scream "maze material" to me.

I'd say Scream 2 had the movie theater and Cassandra scenes and Scream 4 had the closet scare. They could build a maze out of the entire Scream franchise if they really wanted to, but I honestly don't think that's how HHN operates. They don't make Life and Crimes style franchise-wide mazes anymore.

I'd say Scream 2 had the movie theater and Cassandra scenes and Scream 4 had the closet scare. They could build a maze out of the entire Scream franchise if they really wanted to, but I honestly don't think that's how HHN operates. They don't make Life and Crimes style franchise-wide mazes anymore.

Yeah and to be honest, if Scream did come to the event, I feel that Murdy would only do it on the 1996 film and that's it, just to get it out of our systems, as he'd probably argue it gets way too over the top as the franchise continues, as well as maybe not having interest in doing the MTV show, what with the Orlando incident.

Yeah and to be honest, if Scream did come to the event, I feel that Murdy would only do it on the 1996 film and that's it, just to get it out of our systems, as he'd probably argue it gets way too over the top as the franchise continues, as well as maybe not having interest in doing the MTV show, what with the Orlando incident.

Honestly, with the first one out of the way, I think most people will be satisfied. The two most iconic moments in the franchise (the opening murder and the garage door) will be there, and the only moment from the sequels that I really think people will feel the absence of is the movie theater murders (which they could easily adapt as a finale, like ghostface was watching Scream 1 as a movie or something and now guests have to go past them. Iunno, spitballing.)

I really think people will feel the absence of is the movie theater murders (which they could easily adapt as a finale, like ghostface was watching Scream 1 as a movie or something and now guests have to go past them. Iunno, spitballing.)

I remember, over a decade ago, when Knott's Scary Farm did that bizarre, IP filled maze, Horrorwood Hotel, there was one room sort of dedicated to the movie theater bit from the beginning of Scream 2, and given how HHN did the theater scene in El Cucuy's beginning, I feel like if they just reversed what they did in that maze, it could be executed well (again if Murdy wanted to somehow incorporate that scene).

I'd say there's more maze material in the sequels with the original having the least amount, but okay haha
I'd love to see Scream 1 one year, then the next year, a franchise best-of including the TV show if they really want to, but they'll have more than enough already without it.
Facades for the first one would be Casey's house.
Second maze would be the movie theater with the giant hand stabbing down, go through the theater and into the screen, now you're in a mash up world of the movies.

I remember, over a decade ago, when Knott's Scary Farm did that bizarre, IP filled maze, Horrorwood Hotel, there was one room sort of dedicated to the movie theater bit from the beginning of Scream 2, and given how HHN did the theater scene in El Cucuy's beginning, I feel like if they just reversed what they did in that maze, it could be executed well (again if Murdy wanted to somehow incorporate that scene).

Ahh, that little Poltergeist bit at the end made me smile. And we had basically all of those scenes in our maze!

Yeah, it could be set up alot like El Cucuy or American Werewolf in London, just a bunch of Ghostfaces stabbing at you. Could be a very neat ending. In fact, wasn't Blumhouse 2017 supposed to end that way?

I'd say there's more maze material in the sequels with the original having the least amount, but okay haha
I'd love to see Scream 1 one year, then the next year, a franchise best-of including the TV show if they really want to, but they'll have more than enough already without it.
Facades for the first one would be Casey's house.
Second maze would be the movie theater with the giant hand stabbing down, go through the theater and into the screen, now you're in a mash up world of the movies.

That movie theater facade would be dope. Can honestly probably reuse the Blumhouse facade for part of it, haha.

I just remembered the Insidious mazes, which all featured multiple movies in them. Yeah, Scream could be something really similar. Plus, including scenes from the first movie would bring down the costs. And then they can keep up the tongue-in-cheek "we're watching a movie" thing and just have the maze audio be people arguing about horror movie cliches. "Look behind you, Jamie!" Ghostface pops out from a closet behind people.

All this Scream talk makes me wish it were coming to hhn 2019 *sigh*.....
The facade of course would be Caseys house. Outside, you can see her picking up the phone. Imagine hearing the line "Because I wanna know who Im looking at" with music playing, chills.

Are we sure this is an IP house and not an original?

Pretty sure it's a IP with Murdy saying it's a Property that he's a big fan of.

My gut says that Maze #1 is Haunting of Hill House. But just need to find a solid connection with a Al Bowlly Song, 1970's Carpet, and the Scare Gag.

My gut says that Maze #1 is Haunting of Hill House. But just need to find a solid connection with a Al Bowlly Song, 1970's Carpet, and the Scare Gag.

I forget the name of that lady from the show, but she was the one who dressed up from the 30’s. They’ll probably incorporate some Al Bowlly music for her scenes to make us feel like we’re more in that era.

...or maybe it is Twin Peaks. I’m still going to stick with HoHH.

Mentioned it a few pages back, but Al Bowlly sang a song called "Haunted House." Pretty clear connection there.

Mentioned it a few pages back, but Al Bowlly sang a song called "Haunted House." Pretty clear connection there.
It's really simple but I can totally see it being that. There's tons of Carpets and different types of Wallpaper Designs in Haunting of Hill House so it could work seeing as though I could see Carpet very much being incorporated into the maze.

I forget the name of that lady from the show, but she was the one who dressed up from the 30’s. They’ll probably incorporate some Al Bowlly music for her scenes to make us feel like we’re more in that era.

...or maybe it is Twin Peaks. I’m still going to stick with HoHH.
I think you may be talking about Poppy possibly. As she wore very old clothing.

Not sure about the Gag connection or how the Gag will work.

It's really simple but I can totally see it being that. There's tons of Carpets and different types of Wallpaper Designs in Haunting of Hill House so it could work seeing as though I could see Carpet very much being incorporated into the maze.

I think you may be talking about Poppy possibly. As she wore very old clothing.

Not sure about the Gag connection or how the Gag will work.

If you look closely at the video, you can see the actual legs of the actors clad in something black; since the background is black, we can't see the actual knees very well. The dancing legs are a prop.

Presumably, it'll work the same way it did with the Invisible Man, with a blacklit scene and the "child" on his/her knees.

As to what the gag could be used for, no clue. Gut instinct says it has to do with the ghosts (it requires a black background to work).

EDIT: Also part of the reason why I think it's less likely to be Twin Peaks: The dwarf dances in a very, very red room where it'd be hard to make the gag work. They could do it in just a black space, like how they did the "Great Party" guy in the Shining, but idk. It's not the same...

Last edited: