Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

I was going to suggest they do it for the 20th anniversary of IOA but wow... that's next year already.

I was going to suggest they do it for the 20th anniversary of IOA but wow... that's next year already.

That's hard to believe in some ways. I actually went there in September 1999 and remembered being blown away by the park and rides. Fast forward to now and the park still continues to amaze me. I still think that Lost Continent should get revamped first and maybe just give Suess some love through refurb's.

That's hard to believe in some ways. I actually went there in September 1999 and remembered being blown away by the park and rides. Fast forward to now and the park still continues to amaze me. I still think that Lost Continent should get revamped first and maybe just give Suess some love through refurb's.
News of Lost Continent closing for Zelda would be pretty cool news to drop for the 20th.

Agreed. In Particular, Cat In The Hat Should Have A Major Refurb, Maybe Once Illumination Releases The New Cat In The Hat Movie?

Other way around. Meledandri wants to create original IPs vs being locked down to other people's work. Nintendo is the exception.

Interesting. Well, from a creative standpoint, I can't entirely blame him.
Stinks though that all of those rights skipped on over to Warner Bros...probably not getting any of that back (while contracts are valid).

I was reading an obituary of Audrey Geisel, who passed away this week. Her marriage to Theodore Seuss Geisel was the second for both of them. Theodore's first wife committed suicide after finding out he was having an affair with Audrey. Audrey had two children to her first husband, but in an interview, she said she gave up her children since Theodore didn't really like children, and her children wouldn't have been happy with him. But she said that Theodore did like to entertain children. This was something that really surprised me. One of the most prestigious writers of children's books didn't really care for children.

News of Lost Continent closing for Zelda would be pretty cool news to drop for the 20th.
I really think their strategy with Nintendo is a great one: have a land for the Studios (Pokèmon?), Hyrule for IOA, but if you want mack daddy Mario, if you want the thrill of Mario Kart and the Mushroom Kingdom, you gotta go to Universal's Fantastic Worlds, daddeh. I wonder what the AP sitch is gonna be like for that, being that FW is a "dry" park.
I was reading an obituary of Audrey Geisel, who passed away this week. Her marriage to Theodore Seuss Geisel was the second for both of them. Theodore's first wife committed suicide after finding out he was having an affair with Audrey. Audrey had two children to her first husband, but in an interview, she said she gave up her children since Theodore didn't really like children, and her children wouldn't have been happy with him. But she said that Theodore did like to entertain children. This was something that really surprised me. One of the most prestigious writers of children's books didn't really care for children.
Wow, wow, wow. Shocking news to hear. I wonder what'll happen to the Seuss business and if it'll still be in line with their wishes. (Maybe?)

To point this out, Universal's The Grinch has moved towards 500 million.

‘The Grinch’ Crosses $500 Million at Global Box Office – Variety

While it won't top Pet's numbers, I have to wonder when is the point that Universal may decide to invest on putting something with Illumination's version in the parks. Especially, as they played the film in a way that can be approachable for theme park use.