Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Sure.

From what I’ve been told, AoV: Cyberpunk received the highest GSATs for a show at HHN ever.

Better than Jack. Better than any Bill and Ted.

Best. Ever.

AoV is coming back.
Why did Universal pull the plug on Bill and Ted? Even when Bill and Ted 3 is coming and nostalgia and retro vibes are brewing?

Sadly, given that AoV and Stranger Things were hits, what incentive does management have to NOT make the event family friendly?

Sure.

From what I’ve been told, AoV: Cyberpunk received the highest GSATs for a show at HHN ever.

Better than Jack. Better than any Bill and Ted.

Best. Ever.

AoV is coming back.

Really? I'm not upset (I quite like AoV), but I am surprised.

The bigger question is if they stay in FFL, or if they go back to a street show style. From what I saw of 26, they still had a pretty nice stage out there, and a lot of people have agreed to have preferred that setting.

Why did Universal pull the plug on Bill and Ted? Even when Bill and Ted 3 is coming and nostalgia and retro vibes are brewing?
Few reasons: Fear Factor wasn’t supposed to be there anymore at the time Bill and Ted was ended. The contract cost to use the characters was going to increase because of the movie. Pop culture changes too rapidly now to effectively write a quality show in that structure. It was an expensive show that had run its course.
Sadly, given that AoV and Stranger Things were hits, what incentive does management have to not make the event family friendly?
I swear to god. If I could physically rip this concern out of people’s head I would. Look at the rest of the lineup from 2018. Stop focusing on Stranger Things. Would the other NINE houses make you think they’re trying to do a “family friendly” event? People are losing their minds because ONE pop-culture phenomenon that hews closer to Amblin than Troma showed up at HHN. No one had this concern when they used Marvel, Jurassic Park, and FEAR FACTOR in the same year.

Calm the farfanoogin down with this.
Really? I'm not upset (I quite like AoV), but I am surprised.

The bigger question is if they stay in FFL, or if they go back to a street show style. From what I saw of 26, they still had a pretty nice stage out there, and a lot of people have agreed to have preferred that setting.
Hard to say. The outdoor stage complicates guest flow. If there’s only one show (and FF is still there), it’ll be in there.

Hard to say. The outdoor stage complicates guest flow. If there’s only one show (and FF is still there), it’ll be in there.

Very true. Unless they would drain the lagoon and put AoV out on some temp risers with Central Park as the viewing area (which frankly would be SICK), I don't know where they'd go without completely destroying flow. I'd say in the plaza, but then they sacrifice the extended queue for Popular IP #1. KidZone is the only area that I think they'd be able to stick something without causing a pileup, but what with that area in flux...

I love how HORRAH has been adopted. :lol:
HORRAH and spoopy.

But, for real. HHN has always been “PG-13.” Sure, they’ve done some “Hard R” IPs, but most classic horrors are extremely soft “Rs” by modern standards - pretty “family friendly” save for a random boob.

Stranger Things - TV-14

Poltergeist - PG
Exorcist - R for the... um... “crucifix” scene and language. PG-13 otherwise.
The Shining - R for sex, nudity, and dead kids. PG-13 otherwise.
The Walking Dead - TV-MA
Dracula Untold - PG-13
Fear Factor - TV-PG
Jurassic Park - PG-13
The Mummy - PG-13
Psycho - (From IMDB - “It was re-rated to R in 1980, before PG-13 existed. It needs to be re-rated to PG-13.”)

Never mind all the “PG” originals they’ve designed that have no gore in them. Stuff like Gothic, Catacombs, In-Between, the original Ghost Town, and even Seeds of Extinction last year. Those are houses that, as designed, would have been PG/PG-13 houses.

Basically, being concerned about the event becoming “family friendly” is focusing on a single thing and not the event, or its history, as a whole.

HORRAH and spoopy.

But, for real. HHN has always been “PG-13.” Sure, they’ve done some “Hard R” IPs, but most classic horrors are extremely soft “Rs” by modern standards - pretty “family friendly” save for a random boob.

Stranger Things - TV-14

Poltergeist - PG
Exorcist - R for the... um... “crucifix” scene and language. PG-13 otherwise.
The Shining - R for sex, nudity, and dead kids. PG-13 otherwise.
The Walking Dead - TV-MA
Dracula Untold - PG-13
Fear Factor - TV-PG
Jurassic Park - PG-13
The Mummy - PG-13
Psycho - (From IMDB - “It was re-rated to R in 1980, before PG-13 existed. It needs to be re-rated to PG-13.”)

Never mind all the “PG” originals they’ve designed that have no gore in them. Stuff like Gothic, Catacombs, In-Between, the original Ghost Town, and even Seeds of Extinction last year. Those are houses that, as designed, would have been PG/PG-13 houses.

Basically, being concerned about the event becoming “family friendly” is focusing on a single thing and not the event, or its history, as a whole.

You make a good point. Funny enough, the second Dead Exposure was (edit: MORE) gory than the first.

I thought TWD was TV-14?

Last edited: