Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Console Gaming (General)

In massive news for content creators, Nintendo Creator's Program (NCP) will be closing down; with the program shutting down in December, with the website closing in March.

https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/news/

And in huge news in regards to lootboxes, the United States Federal Trade Commission will be investigating lootboxes.

Loot boxes to be investigated by US Federal Trade Commission • Eurogamer.net
To the Nintendo news you’re forgetting that they’re also not going to be so strict anymore on content creators like they’ve been even before the creators program.

To the lootbox thing it’s been a long time coming. These companies had ample opportunity to put themselves in check before the government stepped in but they were too busy counting money. I have 0 sympathy for these greedy con artists.

For NCP, its going to mean that those who are wanting to create content with Nintendo works, they don't have to worry about demonetization anymore, at-least on the scale of NCP.

It's an amazing move by Nintendo, and makes sense.

As far as the Lootboxes..while I expect this to go over like Britain. But I do hope, I am wrong in that.

Last edited:
The Know has disclosed information from their sources on Borderlands 3.

EDIT: Mike Laidlaw, a former member of the multiple Bioware titles, joins Ubisoft Quebec.

After a successful fall season marked by the release of its critically acclaimed Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Ubisoft Québec ends the year on a high note by welcoming Creative Director Mike Laidlaw into its studio.

Involved with the studio for the past nine months as a Creative consultant on an unannounced new project, the Edmonton-based developer decided to move his family and take up residence in the Quebec City area.

“From day one, I was blown away by the talent, the creativity and the passion of the Québec team” said Mike Laidlaw. “Over the past few months, I also discovered the city and its welcoming people, which convinced me to move here and officially join Ubisoft Québec.”

Mike has worked in the video game industry for 14 years. At Electronic Arts’ BioWare studio in Edmonton, Alberta, he was the Creative Director of the Dragon Age series for 8 years. Prior to his work as Lead Designer on Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, Mike played a key role in the development of other BioWare titles, such as Jade Empire, Mass Effect, and Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. Most recently he was the Creative Director for 2014’s Game of the Year Dragon Age: Inquisition. For the past few years, Mike has been exploring and supporting independent titles on his popular Twitch channel: twitch.tv/Mike_Laidlaw.

“We are thrilled to welcome Mike into the Ubisoft Québec family”, mentioned Patrick Klaus, studio Managing Director. “With his vast experience and his unique creative vision, we know he will bring something bold to the studio.” Senior Producer Jeff Skalski added: “Having Mike join our team and studio is a game changer and we’re excited to have him onboard. He’s the perfect fit for our project and I can’t wait for everyone to experience the results.”

Mike Laidlaw joins Ubisoft Québec at a key moment for the studio, with the recent announcement of the creation of 200 new jobs and the opening of a second site in the Saint-Roch neighborhood. Over the past three years, Ubisoft Québec successfully led Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, the latest installment of the popular franchise, which hit stores on October 5, 2018. With its growing teams and the momentum on their side, Ubisoft Québec thinks big and promises to keep on creating outstanding worlds, both immersive and innovative.

Many positions are available at the studio located in the Saint-Roch neighborhood. Check them out by clicking here.

Creative Director Mike Laidlaw Joins Ubisoft Québec - Ubisoft Québec

And tomorrow, Devil May Cry 5 will receive a demo.

Last edited:
Thank god that (for now) The Last of Us Part 2 isn't coming out for next year.

Let's hope that Stanley Parable get's a chance to win something. Honestly, I just hope that the narrator is keeping the Broom Closet ending..

TLOU2 is going to be a PS5 launch title at this rate. They can always release it a few months before the console comes out like the first game, but it'd be such a gigantic system seller.

btw, I'm really excited for The Outer Worlds. It looks INCREDIBLE and exactly what Fallout 4 should've been:

I'm banking on Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2, Death Stranding, The Last of Us 2, Metroid Prime 4, a new Mario game, and Doom Eternal all being released next year. What a year 2019 could be, and I'm not just talking about video games, but entertainment as a whole.

Honestly, I see 2019 being more or less this (for now)

Microsoft
  • Ori & The Will of The Wisps
  • Crackdown 3
  • Gears V
  • Gears RPG
  • Forza Motorsports 7

Sony
  • Death Stranding
  • Dreams
  • MediEvil
  • Ghosts of Tsushima (?)
Nintendo
  • Pokemon Traditional
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Animal Crossing
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • Daemon X Machina
Misc
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Doom Eternal
  • Dying Light

Why bother renting out space at E3 when you can get the same amount of exposure releasing trailers on YouTube.

E3 is a dinosaur as-is.

The same could be said about almost any conference and their exhibitors. You think people don't know who Cigna is? Or Aetna? Or Waste Management? Or any number of massive companies that attend their respective industries' conventions?
They get more exposure through their commercials and other mediums, yet they still attend. This is odd.

Honestly, I see 2019 being more or less this (for now)

Microsoft
  • Ori & The Will of The Wisps
  • Crackdown 3
  • Gears V
  • Gears RPG
  • Forza Motorsports 7

Sony
  • Death Stranding
  • Dreams
  • MediEvil
  • Ghosts of Tsushima (?)
Nintendo
  • Pokemon Traditional
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Animal Crossing
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • Daemon X Machina
Misc
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Doom Eternal
  • Dying Light

Gonna make my predictions on this.

Xbox
  • Gears 5
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Crackdown 3
  • Gears RPG
  • Halo: Infinite demo
PlayStation
  • Days Gone
  • Death Stranding
  • The Last of Us 2
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Dreams
Nintendo
  • Animal Crossing
  • Pokemon Traditional
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Fire Emblem
  • Yoshi
  • Super Mario Galaxy collection
  • Super Mario Maker Deluxe
  • No Man's Sky
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
Cross-Platform
  • Crash Team Racing
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Dying Light 2
  • Doom Eternal
  • Modern Warfare 4
  • Watch Dogs 3
  • FNAF

Last edited:
Y'all forgot that Luigi's Mansion 3 is 2019

Funny enough, it dawned on me of that when looking at Lin.

Gonna make my predictions on this.

Xbox
  • Gears 5
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Crackdown 3
  • Gears RPG
  • Halo: Infinite demo
PlayStation
  • Days Gone
  • Death Stranding
  • The Last of Us 2
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Dreams
Nintendo
  • Animal Crossing
  • Pokemon Traditional
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Fire Emblem
  • Yoshi
  • Super Mario Galaxy collection
  • Super Mario Maker Deluxe
Cross-Platform
  • Crash Team Racing
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Dying Light 2
  • Doom Eternal
  • Modern Warfare 4
  • Watch Dogs 3

Honestly, and this is my own take more than anything..I don't buy The Last of Us 2 hitting 2019. Medievil is already confirmed for 2019, and Dreams seems like a lock for 2019. And as far as GT7..I think that's not hitting either, but for the same reason why I doubt TLoU will be a 2019 game.

As far as XBOX goes, Forza (whether Motorsports or Horizons), is usually there for the yearly title. And considering the odds, it's about time for the next installment in the Motorsports series to take root. And I don't think they'll make a big deal of Halo: Infinite just yet..

That said, Nintendo has a lot on their plate as it is.

From Luigi's Mansion 3, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Yoshi's Crafted World, Daemon X Machina, Pokemon Traditional and the new Animal Crossing game. It wouldn't surprise me if they hold off on Metroid Prime, until they can get the game to the right quality.

And that's not even considering that they have another Third Party Exclusive with a large company, with Marvel Ultimate Alliance being a likely 2019 title.

Honestly, and this is my own take more than anything..I don't buy The Last of Us 2 hitting 2019. Medievil is already confirmed for 2019, and Dreams seems like a lock for 2019. And as far as GT7..I think that's not hitting either, but for the same reason why I doubt TLoU will be a 2019 game.

As far as XBOX goes, Forza (whether Motorsports or Horizons), is usually there for the yearly title. And considering the odds, it's about time for the next installment in the Motorsports series to take root. And I don't think they'll make a big deal of Halo: Infinite just yet..

From Luigi's Mansion 3, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Yoshi's Crafted World, Daemon X Machina, Pokemon Traditional and the new Animal Crossing game. It wouldn't surprise me if they hold off on Metroid Prime, until they can get the game to the right quality.

And that's not even considering that they have another Third Party Exclusive with a large company, with Marvel Ultimate Alliance being a likely 2019 title.
If Prime 4 isn’t next year at least give us the Trilogy. All expectations are on it being next year though so I guess we’ll see.

MUA3 has sold me on the Switch.