Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Right?? Now Disney and Universal, please retrofit all of your AAs with these things. I'm here for high quality movements or bust! :exclap:

Lol. That will never happen.

You also just won't see anything like these outside of Disney parks. Disney has the money, experience, and inhouse tech development to make these kind of AAs possible. Other companies just won't have anything similar.

Lol. That will never happen.

You also just won't see anything like these outside of Disney parks. Disney has the money, experience, and inhouse tech development to make these kind of AAs possible. Other companies just won't have anything similar.
True, but will they try to attempt it is the question. Will they go the extra mile.
True. Although Kong is pretty sick.
Yup. Creature Technology has a lot of experience. Maybe they should partner with Universal more.

True, but will they try to attempt it is the question. Will they go the extra mile.

I would be surprised if the Nintendo AAs were not very good. I would not expect them to reach Disney level.

True. Although Kong is pretty sick.
Yup. Creature Technology has a lot of experience. Maybe they should partner with Universal more.

I like Creature Tech a lot, and would love to see them work with Uni more, but they also have a very specific skill set. Kong itself has had problems with the type of skin Creature Tech uses not holding up to the constant use. I think they'd be good choices for a Monsters ride, but don't think they'd be the right people for Nintendo

I would be surprised if the Nintendo AAs were not very good. I would not expect them to reach Disney level.
What I really meant with my original question was if they would attempt the type of physical ride that B&tB looks to be with grand sets. Not if the AAs would be an exact 1:1 with Disney. I would like a step up from their usual work though. Maybe work with that guy Disney does whose name currently escapes me.
I like Creature Tech a lot, and would love to see them work with Uni more, but they also have a very specific skill set. Kong itself has had problems with the type of skin Creature Tech uses not holding up to the constant use. I think they'd be good choices for a Monsters ride, but don't think they'd be the right people for Nintendo
They should at the very least supply a Bowser AA. Maybe DK too.

I don't mean to be a phallus, but can anyone explain to me how that is anything more than 241 years of progress on Marie Tussaud's OG concept from 1777?

I know you're not impressed with physical characters in rides, but you don't need to keep trolling those of us who are.

And I genuinely say that with respect for you as part of this community! :thumbsup:

I don't mean to be a phallus, but can anyone explain to me how that is anything more than 241 years of progress on Marie Tussaud's OG concept from 1777?
I personally find the movement to be so fluid that it looks like the character jumped from page to our reality. It has no uncanny valley effect and yet still feels like I'm looking at a cartoon. It's a lot like Ursula, she's absolutely magnificent to look at, and seeing that similar technology upped here is exciting. Is it out-of-the-blue advancements in the technology? No, I don't think so...but it is exciting to see this tech being used more.

Wow, The Oriental Company went all out. If only Disney themselves would have their classic movies in as high regard as they do we'd have a decent e-ticket ride in Fantasyland instead of a restaurant.

Now on topic: I hear Nintendo sales of the Switch is not doing as well as the company expected. How will that effect the presumably big plans for Orlando?

Last edited:
Wow, The Oriental Company went all out. If only Disney themselves would have their classic movies in as high regard as they do we'd have a decent e-ticket ride in Fantasyland instead of a restaurant.

Now on topic: I hear Nintendo sales of the Switch is not doing as well as the company expected. How will that effect the presumably big plans for Orlando?

As of September 30th, the Switch has sold more than 22 Million devices.

That's much more than the Wii U for lifetime, and that's not even going to factor in what it will be like after the holiday rush.

It won’t affect them and it’ll drive you nuts because you’re trying to find any reason to cast aside Nintendo.

It won’t affect them and it’ll drive you nuts because you’re trying to find any reason to cast aside Nintendo.
I'm merely stating a fact. I'm very excited for Nintendo World what was originally announced in the CGI presentation. I'd love to see the Donkey Kong added in. I'm only wondering if more expansions click with the general public.

I'm merely stating a fact. I'm very excited for Nintendo World what was originally announced in the CGI presentation. I'd love to see the Donkey Kong added in. I'm only wondering if more expansions click with the general public.
Switch sales show no correlation to how the park will do.

Last edited: