Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

UOR Ticket Price Changes (Dec 2018)

Feb 15, 2012

Universal has moved to three tiered ticket pricing.

Previously there were two ticket options: Value Season at $115 for a single day single park and Anytime Season at $129 for a single day single park.

Now there are three seasons for pricing:
  • Value Season: $114 for a single day single park ticket ($1 less than prior system)
  • Regular Season: $122 for a single day single park ticket ($7 more than prior Value Season tickets)
  • Anytime Season: $129 for a single day single park ticket (no price change)
It appears several "Value Season" days have turned into "Regular Season" but it's not clear if there are "Anytime Season" days that have been lowered to "Regular Season" days.

Seasonal ticket prices also apply for single day two park tickets but not two or more day tickets.

Volcano Bay remains at $80 a day.

I love universal but I don't consider any park a particularly good value for the average person at these kinds of prices.
My annual pass is twenty three diars a month. Great value, even if I only go twice a month or so during non HHN times. There isn't a theme park in the world that's a particularly good value, looking at day pass prices.

I love universal but I don't consider any park a particularly good value for the average person at these kinds of prices.

My annual pass is twenty three diars a month. Great value, even if I only go twice a month or so during non HHN times. There isn't a theme park in the world that's a particularly good value, looking at day pass prices.

I think the time has come for a new pricing system for theme parks. One of my friends who enjoyed going to Disney World said, “My Dad can’t afford it anymore”. :( In order to make more money, parks must be able to accommodate additional guests as possible.

Remember this was done specifically by Disney because so few people buy one-day. The gimmick works like this - on their 5th day (after having been at Disney 4 days) they are thinking of Universal. To which Disney says "Well, you could do Universal for $129 pp. Or add a day here at Disney for just $40 pp".

Remember this was done specifically by Disney because so few people buy one-day. The gimmick works like this - on their 5th day (after having been at Disney 4 days) they are thinking of Universal. To which Disney says "Well, you could do Universal for $129 pp. Or add a day here at Disney for just $40 pp".
Yea but the Disney multi day ticket prices aren't even a good value anymore. You need to stay so long for the per day cost to drop much now while they haven't built enough attractions to justify staying that long.

I consider the universal seasonal pass a fair value for me because I have the renewal rate and am actually able to buy the cheapest option. If they only allowed me to buy the upper tier like Disney did when I only go during slower seasons anyway I would think differently.

I consider the universal seasonal pass a fair value for me because I have the renewal rate and am actually able to buy the cheapest option. If they only allowed me to buy the upper tier like Disney did when I only go during slower seasons anyway I would think differently.
I actually went with the upper tier. Between the extra Saturday and the discounts, I end up ahead.