What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it so odd that they would put that poly tarp on the roof and just leave it with unfinished wood sticking out. I can’t imagine that material is designed to lay out in the Florida sun and rain for extended periods. It’s as if the final roofing isn’t ready or has issues.

I would assume that they wanted to start work on the interior as soon as possible and the roof will be one of the last things done.

I would assume that they wanted to start work on the interior as soon as possible and the roof will be one of the last things done.

Well, when you are building a house, the first thing to close in is the roof or all the stuff you do on the inside will be ruined by the elements.

The guy is a machine...

I wonder if he ever rides the attractions at any of the parks...

and I'm booked at Royal Pacific & CBBR for May 16 to May 27....Keeping fingers crossed that Universal throws some overtime pay on this project to bring it in quickly. With the new WDW projects Mickey & Diagon dragging their feet, it makes sense to open quickly to take advantage of a market with no immediate new competition.

Am I the only one who thinks this ride has nothing to do with the forbidden Forrest? My thoughts are that the cornish pixies got out and drained the black lake and we were sent to help hagrid or someone to round them up and fix the issue. I know it sounds crazy but here is were I’m coming from. There’s a water tower like structure near the front entrance to the ride that reminds me a lot of the structures that were in the triwizard tournament on the black lake. And I’ve been seeing a lot of pictures of the merpeople with ruin like structures....but I might be crazy. The trees that they are planting don’t look anything like the ones we see deep in the forbidden Forrest that are huge with very large roots coming out from the base.

latest
40374112952_7dcc937ed2_b.jpg
30fa39217efd67abe23ce47801151bd7_full.jpg
screen-shot-2015-03-12-at-5-31-26-pm.png

Last edited:
DqEKY7lUcAA5XzF

The bottom right hand corner of the picture there is a water tower looking structure. It reminds me of the triwizard tournament. When they had to save their loved ones from the bottom of the lake, the crowd watched from towers coming out of the water that look kinda like that. Idk maybe I’m reaching for stuff now lol

Storyline-wise, we don't know much, but this isn't really supposed to happen on or around the Black Lake, instead rather somewhere throughout the marshes in the hills surrounding Hogsmeade, right before the Forbidden Forest. Which, by the way, will be included but only in the drop track scene. While I would love to have some spooky merpeople, I just don't think they're part of this ride. Who knows, though, maybe in a future revamping of FJ (a la Spiderman), they could be included in a new scene, which would be amazing.

That water tower is the housing for some of the nighttime show projectors. I expect they'll theme up the base structure with some distressed wood and add some more moss, since these abbey ruins seem to be covered in them. I'm willing to bet, however, that this tower was influenced by those triwizard towers!

I'm still hoping, by the way, for the back sound wall to receive a matte mural. Hoping and praying.

DqEKY7lUcAA5XzF

The bottom right hand corner of the picture there is a water tower looking structure. It reminds me of the triwizard tournament. When they had to save their loved ones from the bottom of the lake, the crowd watched from towers coming out of the water that look kinda like that. Idk maybe I’m reaching for stuff now lol
In the announcement picture we saw a forest, so I bet it will be a forest. The outside (from what we see of the forest) could be different from within the ride and only functions as a background.
The "water tower" is not a water tower. It's a dolled up projection tower that is only visible from the themed top part so never was meant to look like a water tower and will never fully be seen.
Although there is a Wizarding World water tower in view placed when the Hogswarts express is build but it doens't look like an American water tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.