What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

Can we talk Black light mummy cutouts with projections

Those were impressive back in the day. Still dont mind them much. Turntable room and the state of the animatronics are my biggest quality concerns about the ride.

Id love to see an update with kinetic-surface 3D projection mapping added to the spaghetti bowl.

We noticed on the last day of our trip that the ceiling fire was only partially working.
Universal was teasing you for your last day :):lol:.....................Heh, it was great running into you and your wife at the Americana Bar in Portofino, and sharing some Holiday cheer. You are both wonderful people and we wish you the best of fortune in life. Happy Holidays. :toast:

Universal was teasing you for your last day :):lol:.....................Heh, it was great running into you and your wife at the Americana Bar in Portofino, and sharing some Holiday cheer. You are both wonderful people and we wish you the best of fortune in life. Happy Holidays. :toast:

It was a pleasure getting to meet you and Alene as well, my wife and I chatted about how nice of an evening it was. I really hope we have some overlapping trips in the future!

How about update this attraction into the Tom cruise mummy despite it dissapointing at the box office they can least keep it updated. Or would you rather have a totally new attraction replace this down the line in another decade?

Honestly, I think it's one of those rides (like Splash Mountain, MAYBE Flight of Passage) based off a not-well-remembered IP that can stand the test of time as a stand alone attraction.

Last edited:
How about update this attraction into the Tom cruise mummy despite it dissapointing at the box office they can least keep it updated. Or would you rather have a totally new attraction replace this down the line in another decade?

I'd assume, Mummy when it eventually goes down..would be replaced (with a chance that it's gutted, due to structural elements from Kongfrontation still in the building).

I wonder what could replace the mummy? Not too sure what could host an attraction in this huge building I know it’s not coming but Godzilla would make a great candidate! Heck they can create a huge Godzilla AA just like the size of Kong from Kongfrontation. The attraction would be immersive not sure what else could go here. Think a Star Trek attraction would work.

Honestly, I think it's one of those rides (like Splash Mountain, MAYBE Flight of Passage) based off a not-well-remembered IP that can stand the test of time as a stand alone attraction.

I think it definitely has a significant enough cult following to keep going for awhile. To be honest, I had never seen any of The Mummy movies until after my last trip earlier this month (I've seen them now). But I've had three trips to the parks in the last 365 days where I hadn't seen the movies and The Mummy was my favorite ride in both parks (and I'm saying that as a person who initially started going to Universal because of Potter).

I think it could use a significant refurb with AA updates, maybe update the story in the queue, but all in all I think it's good enough to stick around awhile. It's fun!