Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Crypt TV become a maze.. but how to frame it is my question...
Well there are 2 ways I can see them framing it. You either do the whole 3 act structure that they do for AHS 2016 and Blumhouse 1/2. With doing the Birch possibly with original aspects other than just the woods, Look-See, and then the Sunny Family Cult. Since those 3 are pretty insanely popular.

Or you do the whole Monster Connected Universe. Where you have a facade similar to of AHS/Blumhouse something that can be like the Crypt TV Logo and screen with the Short Films playing or possibly the Crypt Tome book (Which connects all of the Monsters) and you have a page before each of the Monsters and have 1 scene for each with all being from the Monster Universe.

Reactions: Horror Lover
A few clarifying points...

Blumhouse 1 (2017) was not the #1 rated, but the #2 rated maze. Insidious 4 took first place, though it was close.

CryptTV is not owned by Blumhouse, but Jason Blum (and by extension Blumhouse) is a key investor. So is Eli Roth, hence his frequent association and support; this is how the CryptTV/Horror Nights partnership was forged in 2016 for the Terror Tram.

I don't see "Us" being maze material. Just a hunch.

CryptTV could probably service a maze, if they wanted... but I also think it'd be a more effective Terror Tram. We'll see!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Crypt TV become a maze.. but how to frame it is my question...

Probably just the Universal Monsters route, with the various monsters showing up in the Sunny Family Cult house? Throw in a short gauntlet section set in the woods with Mordeo, Birch and the door in the woods, then the cult house with the masked cultists, the Look-See, the Apartment Thing, the Mimic, Stoneheart, etc.

Edit: Peter Jackson and His Team are Fully Restoring 'Dead Alive' and 'Bad Taste' for 4K Releases! - Bloody Disgusting

Dead Alive please please please please

Last edited:
Probably just the Universal Monsters route, with the various monsters showing up in the Sunny Family Cult house? Throw in a short gauntlet section set in the woods with Mordeo, Birch and the door in the woods, then the cult house with the masked cultists, the Look-See, the Apartment Thing, the Mimic, Stoneheart, etc.

Edit: Peter Jackson and His Team are Fully Restoring 'Dead Alive' and 'Bad Taste' for 4K Releases! - Bloody Disgusting

Dead Alive please please please please
“I kick ass for the lord”

Allow me to bring back Crypt TV for a second.

What if they use Crypt TV, not as the basis of it's characters for mazes..but as a basis, for having a outer-company collaborate on the concepts of an original maze for HHN?

That way, you can have Marketing treat it as an IP in the pure sense, but everything within the maze would be made jointly with A&D and producers/designers from Crypt TV (Similar to how A&D Hollywood reached out to Crash McCreery for the redesigns of the Universal Monsters).

That I can see, working far better than just a Crypt TV maze as it's own. And it would expand the idea of an original story with the Third Party to a larger scale (almost similar to how they tried doing the finale of Blumhouse last year).

What if they use Crypt TV, not as the basis of it's characters for mazes..but as a basis, for having a outer-company collaborate on the concepts of an original maze for HHN?

That way, you can have Marketing treat it as an IP in the pure sense, but everything within the maze would be made jointly with A&D and producers/designers from Crypt TV (Similar to how A&D Hollywood reached out to Crash McCreery for the redesigns of the Universal Monsters).

That I can see, working far better than just a Crypt TV maze as it's own. And it would expand the idea of an original story with the Third Party to a larger scale (almost similar to how they tried doing the finale of Blumhouse last year).

Thats actually a really cool way of doing it. And isn't Eli Roth a huge part of Crypt TV?

Crypt TV was founded by Eli (alongside Jack Davis), with it very much backed by Jason Blum (the founder of Blumhouse).

To add onto the fuel, NBCUniversal has recently backed up Crypt TV further; reinvesting to the company as recent as May.

Blumhouse, NBCUniversal Reinvest in Horror Startup Crypt TV | Hollywood Reporter

Couple this, alongside the success of House With A Clock in Its Walls (as it has made profit); and I could see NBCUniversal maybe wanting more involvement with Eli Roth and Crypt TV. And for all intents, he also does seem interested in coming back to collab with Universal again.

..the question would be, would Jack Davis want to get involved with whatever it'd be.

Crypt TV presents *so and so* as a maze.. I can see this and I dig the idea! Funny story.. wasn't Hollywood Harry originally from Crypt TV?

Crypt TV presents *so and so* as a maze.. I can see this and I dig the idea! Funny story.. wasn't Hollywood Harry originally from Crypt TV?

I believe they did a small short on Harry on FB back when he was pre-revealed, to tease the fact that he is around.

That said, they have seemingly distanced him from the Crypt TV branding, sooo I don't know what's on with Harry there.

Honestly though, I could buy him being the center-point. Afterall, he was the emphasis of the Eli Roth Tram back in 2016, and I doubt they would've put him in the Tram for 2018 just for craps and giggles.

I believe they did a small short on Harry on FB back when he was pre-revealed, to tease the fact that he is around.

That said, they have seemingly distanced him from the Crypt TV branding, sooo I don't know what's on with Harry there.

Honestly though, I could buy him being the center-point. Afterall, he was the emphasis of the Eli Roth Tram back in 2016, and I doubt they would've put him in the Tram for 2018 just for craps and giggles.

Hollywood Harry presents Crypt TV?

Wait... maybe Murdy's original gonna be Crypt TV branded? With the rap song and everything?

That'd be...interesting. Not for, not against. Just interesting.

Murdy's Original Maze from last year, wasn't Hollywood Harry oriented.

While I would love to see it come to fruition, I would imagine they'd want to start from scratch with ideas and concepts when it comes to new mazes. And with Originals, it's more of a tricky road for Murdy, considering that Hollywood shot themselves when it came to IP/Original ratios being almost non-existent.

Murdy's Original Maze from last year, wasn't Hollywood Harry oriented.

While I would love to see it come to fruition, I would imagine they'd want to start from scratch with ideas and concepts when it comes to new mazes. And with Originals, it's more of a tricky road for Murdy, considering that Hollywood shot themselves when it came to IP/Original ratios being almost non-existent.

I didnt necessarily mean that the original was Hollywood Harry themed, just that it woulf be "rebranded" as a Crypt TV "collaboration" to give it some brand name recognition. It could be a handy way out of the "IP-original" snafu.

didn't fangoria do something like this in orlandos 2009 event. they had fangoria make the ideas for leave it to cleaver and the spawning. leave it to cleaver was good, but the spawning...