Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

If Brexit continues it’s current path, I predict that visitors to Orlando from the U.K. will be way down. I’ve spoke to a few travel agents and they’ve all said that their numbers are down by at least 25% for bookings next year.
The pound has fallen so much. Trips to Orlando are a lot more expensive for British folks than they were a couple years ago, sadly.

Some analysts are predicting less than a dollar to the pound in the worst case scenario.

I guess on the flip side, anybody in the US who ever fancied a trip to the UK, the time is now.
Time to convert that mother in law suite into a couple of guest house rooms. Here comes the Americans to see Scotland. Ka ching ka ching. :)

Some analysts are predicting less than a dollar to the pound in the worst case scenario.

I guess on the flip side, anybody in the US who ever fancied a trip to the UK, the time is now.
But will we want to see all the starving or homeless or unable to get healthcare? :bow::lol: In all seriousness Scott, I hope the outcome is better than it looks right now.

What’s going on this week? Was at MK yesterday and although busy we had a very enjoyable day and did everything we wanted to without feeling crushed as we’d expected to. IOA today is completely dead. Where is everyone?

What’s going on this week? Was at MK yesterday and although busy we had a very enjoyable day and did everything we wanted to without feeling crushed as we’d expected to. IOA today is completely dead. Where is everyone?
Touring Plans has been showing a busier than expected WDW this week, and a dead, as projected, Universal. I seem to recall in past years that WDW had some youth sports competition around this time of year. Maybe that's this year too.

The attendance projections at Universal have been incredibly low the past few weeks. Great time to be there as a guest.

Was on my phone looking at Twitter yesterday so didn't save it, but saw somon3 (maybe Touring Plans?) mention January rates at All-Star on Priceline as low as $41 one night, $46 other nights. Doesn't look like they expect a bounce-back in 2019.

I actually think 2019 will be abnormally soft with many waiting for Galaxy’s Edge.

Can we just call it "The Potter Effect"? I am curious if this hits APs on the same level Potter construction hit UOR. There's a certain ... cachet, for lack of a better term, in being a Disney AP. Will that keep guests buying in 2019, or do they take a breather?

Can we just call it "The Potter Effect"? I am curious if this hits APs on the same level Potter construction hit UOR. There's a certain ... cachet, for lack of a better term, in being a Disney AP. Will that keep guests buying in 2019, or do they take a breather?

What if there is no bounce back? Disney's adding things, they have a brand, at what point do we look at this and go "this is the inflection point".