Super Smash Bros. Ultimate | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thinking about the importance of Joker/Ren being included to Smash, and it changes the game to what to expect.

It also seems from what Reggie's comments, that the characters will be new to Smash and without having any prior representation (as seen with Challenger Pack 1). If they stick to that, that changes the entire game to what we may want to think of who comes, going forward.

__

Going to get Smash by January hopefully, and shortly after that once things cool over; I'll get the challenge packs. As with the first fighter, it changes the game.

Speaking of, talking to @Joe about it, and he seems like a very easy character that could be pulled off. You could even, if you will, have him act as a Shulk: with multiple Personas on-top of Arsene.

Last edited:
Thinking about the importance of Joker/Ren being included to Smash, and it changes the game to what to expect.

It also seems from what Reggie's comments, that the characters will be new to Smash and without having any prior representation (as seen with Challenger Pack 1). If they stick to that, that changes the entire game to what we may want to think of who comes, going forward.

__

Going to get Smash by January hopefully, and shortly after that once things cool over; I'll get the challenge packs. As with the first fighter, it changes the game.

Speaking of, talking to @Joe about it, and he seems like a very easy character that could be pulled off. You could even, if you will, have him act as a Shulk: with multiple Personas on-top of Arsene.
on one hand I think adding so many 3rd party fighters messes with the "purity" of smash bros. on the other hand heck yeah more badass fighterz!

So before the Overwatch case leak a poster on 4Chan hinted strongly that Tracer would be the next DLC character. Problem is the licensed case came after this "leak" broke which is leading many to start to believe it... Honestly I'd be a bit disappointed as while big as Overwatch is, it isn't an icon nor relevant in video game roots as it once was and a waste of a roster spot. To me adding Tracer would be the equivalent of adding any default Fortnite skin.

Personally I'm holding onto the sliver of hope that we'll see Porky finally added as a legitimate character (and I know Sakari hasn't forgotten him... he was a boss in Brawl and trophy in Smash 4/5 for Pete's sake!). More Earthbound representation is always welcome, especially if it were Nintendo's "first party" character to be DLC exclusive... plus, it'd give me more hope of Nintendo dropping Mother 3 or a remake of the Earthbound trilogy for Switch! hehe.

But thoughts on the rumor? For a fact DLC #5 has to be huge, but 4 is definitely the middle ground that makes me wonder what weird tricks will surprise - or let down - the community.

So before the Overwatch case leak a poster on 4Chan hinted strongly that Tracer would be the next DLC character. Problem is the licensed case came after this "leak" broke which is leading many to start to believe it... Honestly I'd be a bit disappointed as while big as Overwatch is, it isn't an icon nor relevant in video game roots as it once was and a waste of a roster spot. To me adding Tracer would be the equivalent of adding any default Fortnite skin.

Personally I'm holding onto the sliver of hope that we'll see Porky finally added as a legitimate character (and I know Sakari hasn't forgotten him... he was a boss in Brawl and trophy in Smash 4/5 for Pete's sake!). More Earthbound representation is always welcome, especially if it were Nintendo's "first party" character to be DLC exclusive... plus, it'd give me more hope of Nintendo dropping Mother 3 or a remake of the Earthbound trilogy for Switch! hehe.

But thoughts on the rumor? For a fact DLC #5 has to be huge, but 4 is definitely the middle ground that makes me wonder what weird tricks will surprise - or let down - the community.

Personally, I think it wouldn't be that shocking; considering we got the most recent protagonist of Persona intergrated into Smash as it stands.

If the rumors are true of Tracer, I could..see why, considering she's been the mascot of key-art more often than not for Overwatch. And in a sense, this is possible due to the fact that Overwatch had been in development prior to SSBU's beginning (similar to Persona 5). I do think we are seeing one more third party character from the west, the question is if it'll be a large or niche character.

And I do think the 5th character is going to be someone we do not expect in the slightest.

EDIT: Another thing I wonder, is if Nintendo might push extra money for the sake of this fighters pass, to add Byleth into the roster; considering just how big FE3H is selling for the Fire Emblem franchise. With it reaching Awakening's numbers quite fast, I wonder if Nintendo would encourage with extra funds, to add them in; as I believe Sakurai and his team does love the FE series in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g
DP: So they're readying for Fighter 4..and it's from SNK.

So..it could be Metal Slug, King of Fighters, or Samuari Shodown.

My guess? We're going to see some form of collab with SNK Heroines.

I would LOVE if it were the Metal Slug variety characters! If I had to bet it would be MS but Samurai Showdown also seems highly likely. I grew up playing those games at arcades and thats a series I'd never expect to hear in Smash. Could only imagine how cool the final smash would be... Metal Slug's variants would also fit nicely ala Hero's. Regardless consider me hyped. DLC 5 just got a lot more interesting... still hoping for Porky!

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
So Terry was revealed, along with the announcement of more fighters down the line outside of the current Fighters Pass..and for Mii Costumes..

EDp9KvOWkAIb-WP

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Resurrecting a dead thread because I played Smash for the first time ever this week. Totally got out of playing videogames for a while because nothing excited me on PS4, but my wife loves Pokémon so we agreed to get a Switch for that.
Anyway, also got SSBU and I love it. It's the most fun game I have played in years, although I am absolutely terrible and fall off the levels more often than not, it's still addictive and just pure fun to play.

Ooh, I'm excited!

Haven't posted in here before but I am a hugeeeeeeee Smash fan. My top picks at the moment would be Geno, Waluigi, and Master Chief, but most of my top requests have already gotten in (Little Mac, K. Rool, Ridley, Bowser Jr., Pac-Man) so honestly at this point any character they add is just more icing on the cake.

I think we'll only get one new fighter in this presentation similar to the Terry one. We might get a tease about what the Post-Fighter's Pass DLC will be like (individual characters vs 2nd Fighters Pass), and I would love to get a full reveal of a post-pass fighter, but I don't really expect that to happen.

I'm gonna predict a Bethesda character tomorrow, most likely Dragonborn from Skyrim. I don't think it's gonna be Doomguy unfortunately, I can just feel it in my gut. Love to be wrong though (even though he's directly competing against my boy Chief). Vault Boy is just a little too wierd of a pick, and honestly after 4/76 I don't want a Fallout rep.

Ooh, I'm excited!

Haven't posted in here before but I am a hugeeeeeeee Smash fan. My top picks at the moment would be Geno, Waluigi, and Master Chief, but most of my top requests have already gotten in (Little Mac, K. Rool, Ridley, Bowser Jr., Pac-Man) so honestly at this point any character they add is just more icing on the cake.

I think we'll only get one new fighter in this presentation similar to the Terry one. We might get a tease about what the Post-Fighter's Pass DLC will be like (individual characters vs 2nd Fighters Pass), and I would love to get a full reveal of a post-pass fighter, but I don't really expect that to happen.

I'm gonna predict a Bethesda character tomorrow, most likely Dragonborn from Skyrim. I don't think it's gonna be Doomguy unfortunately, I can just feel it in my gut. Love to be wrong though (even though he's directly competing against my boy Chief). Vault Boy is just a little too wierd of a pick, and honestly after 4/76 I don't want a Fallout rep.

Since I picked up Smash a couple of weeks ago I have started following the community a bit. A lot of speculation around Dante (Devil May Cry) being the next character.