Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

Judging by the looks of the dessert, I would prefer not to be selected. :lol:

Does anyone know if the holiday dessert at Satuli is back this year?

DQoF6kMXkAE3fGh.jpg

Judging by the looks of the dessert, I would prefer not to be selected. :lol:

Does anyone know if the holiday dessert at Satuli is back this year?

DQoF6kMXkAE3fGh.jpg
They had a pumpkin one for thanksgiving I think, so safe bet this one comes back too. I’ll be checking in a week or so, fingers crossed cause I liked it a lot.

Here's a video of Jenny Nicholson, one of my favorite YouTube personalities, talking about Pandora for an hour. She’s simultaneously harder and easier on the land than I am, which is quite a needle to thread! She does identify some of the inherent flaws in the concept, as well as offers praise where deserved.

In any case, I think it's very funny and thought others might get a kick out of it...

Here's a video of Jenny Nicholson, one of my favorite YouTube personalities, talking about Pandora for an hour. She’s simultaneously harder and easier on the land than I am, which is quite a needle to thread! She does identify some of the inherent flaws in the concept, as well as offers praise where deserved.

In any case, I think it's very funny and thought others might get a kick out of it...

I saw when she posted it, can’t wait till I have the time to listen though. I remember seeing on Twitter earlier this year she had an ACE hat on while visiting the parks. So, someone bought some ACE merch before it all went to the outlet stores.

Hi short question, please does anyone know how FoP and NRJ are named on My Disney Experience ie does one or the other start with the word “Avatar...”?

Longer context - novice friends have flown to WDW and going DAK for first time, during next two weeks. They say they have FP for the “Avatar” ride, as apparently the FP is named “Avatar...”. They say FP is FoP but I am surprised, as clearly is a peak time of year - though they are staying on site and did FP as soon as released. Would be interested if you can tell from the name “Avatar...” which one they have

Hi short question, please does anyone know how FoP and NRJ are named on My Disney Experience ie does one or the other start with the word “Avatar...”?

Longer context - novice friends have flown to WDW and going DAK for first time, during next two weeks. They say they have FP for the “Avatar” ride, as apparently the FP is named “Avatar...”. They say FP is FoP but I am surprised, as clearly is a peak time of year - though they are staying on site and did FP as soon as released. Would be interested if you can tell from the name “Avatar...” which one they have
They are listed as Avatar Flight of Passage and then just Navi river Journey.

and on the Horror 29 thread we were just talking about "drinking the kool aid", in another context though.
I don’t think two hour waits have anything to do with anyone “drinking the kool aid”. It’s busy season in a park that has 9 rides and NRJ is one of the only ones without a height requirement.

It’s a sign that DAK needs more investment yesterday if anything.

I don’t think two hour waits have anything to do with anyone “drinking the kool aid”. It’s busy season in a park that has 9 rides and NRJ is one of the only ones without a height requirement.

It’s a sign that DAK needs more investment yesterday if anything.
NRJ has long lines virtually all year, except for a couple of weeks in September. If the ride was in a Universal park it would probably be a walk on most of the time.

NRJ has long lines virtually all year, except for a couple of weeks in September. If the ride was in a Universal park it would probably be a walk on most of the time.

It also has long lines due to low capacity and the impact of FP+. I think that it also benefits from the a) Nothing else new in the park and b) Hype train because, as a ride, it is nothing special.

It has long lines for the reasons I stated and because capacity isn’t the best. It’s also new and most people don’t know what they’re waiting for.

And if it was in a Universal park as the same ride that it is in DAK (same capacity), it likely would still have long lines bc it’s a family accessible ride that has low capacity. Most of the year it’s around 60-75 minutes. It would be lower at Universal, but that’s bc both of their parks have more rides and attractions.

Disney should really invest in the customer experience. Be a bit smarter with theming and more generous with the ride.
I often have the feeling Disney is building rides for social media instead of an amazing ride/vacation experience.