Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. If you look at the last several years, they have only really focused on games that are being release in the same year. Other than perhaps a "teaser" like showing the Metroid Prime Logo at last year's E3, or having Tsunekazu Ishihara say "There is a new Pokemon Game in the works for the Switch" they tend to show nothing until the same year something is being released.

Not really. I'm talking about their flagship games. Legend of Zelda, Mario, Smash etc.

How many times was LOZ pushed back before it was released? Nintendo is known for delaying their flagship games. They are perfectionists.

The Art Of The Delay: Chasing Perfection With Zelda: Breath of the Wild - GameRevolution

Reactions: Magic-Man
I mean, BOTW was a bit of a different beast as it was pushed back to launch with the Switch, but yes, they'll delay if they have to

Agreed. While in years past there were a lot of instances of pushing back release dates, in the last 5 years the only one I can think of is BotW which as noted, the push back was due to decision to port it to the Switch for launch.

Agreed. While in years past there were a lot of instances of pushing back release dates, in the last 5 years the only one I can think of is BotW which as noted, the push back was due to decision to port it to the Switch for launch.

Dude every major Zelda game has been delayed going back to Ocarina of Time. The only exception is Majora's Mask. It's to be expected at this point.

kotaku.com/reminder-nintendo-has-been-delaying-zelda-games-for-de-1694170626

I honestly don't see the point in predicting or speculating when they'll start promoting this. It's like figuring out when lighting will strike on a sunny and clear day. We know it's coming, sooner than later. That's all I need haha.

The frustration for me is that I feel I've been waiting for this project FOREVER. I remember telling my wife 3 years ago about how they were going to build SNW and we were stoked. It appears the land won't be ready until another 3 years in 2021.

I guess that's the timeline for a lot of projects nowadays. It's just that Disney rightfully gets called out for their glacial pace, but Universal is getting a pass on this one. Hell, Galaxy's Edge was announced in the same year in 2015 and they are going to open in 6 months.

That's a 4 year timeline vs. a 6 year timeline. Disney wins this round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
Universal has always had the problem of announcing things too far in advance (Transformers for Hollywood was announced in 2008 and opened in 2012, and Potter which was announced 2011 and opened 2016).

This shouldn't be new to anyone. The fact that they're actually constructing these projects should be validation and reason to be excited enough more than an announcement press release and promo image.

Universal has always had the problem of announcing things too far in advance (Transformers for Hollywood was announced in 2008 and opened in 2012, and Potter which was announced 2011 and opened 2016).

This shouldn't be new to anyone. The fact that they're actually constructing these projects should be validation and reason to be excited enough more than an announcement press release and promo image.

Really? I thought the running joke was that Universal doesn't make an announcement for their latest project until a day before it opens i.e. Harry Potter coaster.

Dude every major Zelda game has been delayed going back to Ocarina of Time. The only exception is Majora's Mask. It's to be expected at this point.

kotaku.com/reminder-nintendo-has-been-delaying-zelda-games-for-de-1694170626

While true for Zelda games of years gone by, how does this contradict my points of:

• If you look at the last several years, they have only really focused on games that are being release in the same year. Other than perhaps a "teaser" like showing the Metroid Prime Logo at last year's E3, or having Tsunekazu Ishihara say "There is a new Pokemon Game in the works for the Switch" they tend to show nothing until the same year something is being released.
  • While in years past there were a lot of instances of pushing back release dates, in the last 5 years the only one I can think of is BotW which as noted, the push back was due to decision to port it to the Switch for launch.
Which is in support of the argument that since in recent history they don't provide any significant info about their games until they are in their launch year (probably learning from their past mistakes of announcing details/launch dates too soon), there is very low likelihood that they themselves would announce anything significant about SNW anytime soon.

there is very low likelihood that they themselves would announce anything significant about SNW anytime soon.

I'm not looking for a significant announcement regarding SNW. Just something. Anything.

I'll be satisfied with 1 piece of concept art.

I think we might be getting something within the next few months. As reported by @AlexanderMBush, there was some filming going on with the Nintendo crew just recently. Might be a promo for SNW. We'll know soon enough.

Keep in mind, I posted more that UCore has heard of something (which their track record, is mixed..).

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they did film, which is why I would wonder about it.

Realizing how nice Wizarding World looks during Christmastime, I started thinking what Universal could do with SNW.

609935-new-super-mario-bros-wii-wii-screenshot-snow-world.png

They could essentially turn the land into a winter wonderland like this....Add a bunch of white pine trees and fake snow in the main courtyard.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Things are revving up.

That said, I look forward to a year from this post when there still is absolutely zero info on it.

Prove me wrong, Universal.

Prove me wrong.

I can't wait to see that we will have absolutely nothing on Nintendo, just to come back to this. :cheers:
__
Going back to the crane, I was dead on the money back in November about it, and it's location too.

Massive props once again for @SailwiththeTide on that photo from back then, and I am just so happy about that crane.

That alone, is enough to satisfy me that this is finally happening.

(And that's not going into the account that we would likely have a bit more progress since the 7th, which may mean even more construction equipment arriving on-site.)

Last edited:
Surprising they they removed it just a week or so before the busiest days of the year. I wonder if we'll see SS29 used to house a temp extended queue during SNW construction.

I think we'll see that awkward backstage area between Panda and TF slowly disappear over the next few months.