Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney’s working on it still.
Supposedly DHS will be the debut of how security will be handled going forward at WDW. They've just got a lot going on right now with all of the other stuff they're doing in the parking lot/entry area.

Reactions: Alicia
Took me quite a while to figure out where in Finnegan's that was. That construction wall looks like it's actually supposed to be there.

I still don’t get it. I am so lost. If I leave the bathroom and I am looking towards the bar entrance, the bar is on my left...if I am looking towards the restaurant entrance, the bar is behind me...maybe I have a few too many when I visit?

Then I excepted a construction wall, some mirror image...so the wall has a railing...but then that dude’s arm is on it so it is a self and not a rail, so another ‘bar’ to put your drink on...such an odd wall, but it does not reach the roof so I guess it is temporary.

I do not know, I just except that I tend to have a drink or two, well maybe three whenever I visit Finns!

Reactions: tankart150
Very surprised that there's been no prior mention of this. With all the posts of members "frequenting" the parks. Clearly Finns is not on everyone's "attraction" list like it is mine.:crazy:

Reactions: Frank Drackman
I still don’t get it. I am so lost. If I leave the bathroom and I am looking towards the bar entrance, the bar is on my left...if I am looking towards the restaurant entrance, the bar is behind me...maybe I have a few too many when I visit?

Then I excepted a construction wall, some mirror image...so the wall has a railing...but then that dude’s arm is on it so it is a self and not a rail, so another ‘bar’ to put your drink on...such an odd wall, but it does not reach the roof so I guess it is temporary.

I do not know, I just except that I tend to have a drink or two, well maybe three whenever I visit Finns!

Meg's back is to the restrooms. The bar top is the standing room long tables. To the right of the temp bar is the restaurant. The door in the back faces Mummy.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner otherwise I would've explained it but glad you got it sorted out. That "mirror" kept getting me too :lol:
I actually was looking in the "mirror" and could not find my image--surprise!. For what its worth, the change over took 5 hours to do overnite. Most of the equipment
behind the bar is all temp. stuff with no water access. The old bar has had the floor torn up to about 3 feet, new plumbing has been installed and the concrete has been poured, New bar will look like old bar with most changes not being apparent. Old bar area leaked quite a bit so a temp. "dam" was placed under the bar to keep water from getting on the floor where customers stood.. New Bar should be in service more sooner than later.

We ate at Finnegans on Friday. I asked the server about the bar renovation. He said that they have a 'tentative' completion date of Dec. 22nd, but are crossing their fingers hoping it gets done on time. He basically confirmed what @agentj said in his post concerning the renovations.

Reactions: tankart150
I actually was looking in the "mirror" and could not find my image--surprise!.

Vampire confirmed.

Is nobody gonna talk about how The Darkroom (right next to AP Lounge) was turned into a “Step into the Movies” photo experience last week?

I saw Tim's video from yesterday about it - did it used to be a more traditional photo experience? I can't say I've ever walked in, or realized that it was an actual shop.

Vampire confirmed.

I saw Tim's video from yesterday about it - did it used to be a more traditional photo experience? I can't say I've ever walked in, or realized that it was an actual shop.
Used to be able to actually develop your photos there, back when film was a thing. Plus sold film and camera supplies. Hasn’t really been open much in recent years. It was temporarily the home to the Betty Boop store a couple years ago while the Hello Kitty store was being constructed, but not much else.

Used to be able to actually develop your photos there, back when film was a thing. Plus sold film and camera supplies. Hasn’t really been open much in recent years. It was temporarily the home to the Betty Boop store a couple years ago while the Hello Kitty store was being constructed, but not much else.

I seem to recall they shoved Secret Life of Pets stuff in there the last time I popped in.