Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Having met Jack Davis before (very nice, savvy guy), I can say he's all about growing CryptTV in any number of directions, and the shorts' inclusion in the HHN program thus far has been a point of pride. I imagine their team is more than game - it's a matter of getting Universal on board.

Hey guys I was watching "They Live" and I was wondering would that movie work as a maze or a zone?

Welp, seeing as how we're deep in the pre-January, pre-leak freezer, now's the time to play a game: What are some long-shot mazes you're hoping to see at the event?

There's a bunch right now (CHANNEL ZERO), but I'm gonna go old-school and say Phantasm. It's got a unique visual style and some neat moments like the mirror scare, the door opening, the Tall-Man death in Phantasm 2, an obvious facade with the funeral home, some cool effects with the flying sphere, and the dwarves. Plus a fine theme song to play over the queue.

Welp, seeing as how we're deep in the pre-January, pre-leak freezer, now's the time to play a game: What are some long-shot mazes you're hoping to see at the event?

There's a bunch right now (CHANNEL ZERO), but I'm gonna go old-school and say Phantasm. It's got a unique visual style and some neat moments like the mirror scare, the door opening, the Tall-Man death in Phantasm 2, an obvious facade with the funeral home, some cool effects with the flying sphere, and the dwarves. Plus a fine theme song to play over the queue.
Just gonna say it. OUTLAST! It has tons of material for a maze with tons of characters to use.

- Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master
It’s a very hokey sequel but the Cockroach Death, Car Maze, Water Bed, and Church Scene with Freddy getting disemboweled from the inside out would be SO cool to see in real life. Dream Warriors would be the more realistic one to happen though, but 3&4 are both equally great. Just more interested in 4

- Black Christmas
Everything about it is awesome and HHN material. John could original with it and come up with a Billy design and the Agnes backstory.

- Suspiria(1977)
Perfect for HHN. Would love to see it happen

- The Strangers + Prey at Night
Used to be against this but Prey at Night was so awesome. First 1/3rd of the house would be Strangers 1 based and the other 2/3rds would be Strangers 2 based.

- Eraserhead in a Movie Mashup House with Evil Dead and The Omen
Something like Silver Screams but in the vein of Blumhouse where there’s 3 headlining properties. Eraserhead is just so disturbing that maybe 2-3 rooms would probably suffice for it.

- IT/The Conjuring
Everything that’s already been said about these 2 basically sums it up

There’s a lot more I’d love to see but these are all in the unrealistic category.

oh i just remembered the one which won't happen but highly should. S.C.P containment breach . this would be both based off the online game and with new scps there from the website. seriously scps have ton of material for a maze, but there's a weird copyright to it so idk.

oh i just remembered the one which won't happen but highly should. S.C.P containment breach . this would be both based off the online game and with new scps there from the website. seriously scps have ton of material for a maze, but there's a weird copyright to it so idk.
main point it'll never happen, tons of male nudity in the game (twins, gluskin's..um...room)

Honestly I'd like another video game house at this point. Uni has a pretty good relationship with Sony at this point with Evil Dead 2013, This is the End, and others, so surely they'd be able to wrangle a Last of Us or Until Dawn house, or maybe even a Bloodborne one(*dream on plays*). Resident Evil is another obvious one.

It’s a very hokey sequel but the Cockroach Death, Car Maze, Water Bed, and Church Scene with Freddy getting disemboweled from the inside out would be SO cool to see in real life. Dream Warriors would be the more realistic one to happen though, but 3&4 are both equally great. Just more interested in 4

- Black Christmas
Everything about it is awesome and HHN material. John could original with it and come up with a Billy design and the Agnes backstory.

- Suspiria(1977)

Used to be against this but Prey at Night was so awesome. First 1/3rd of the house would be Strangers 1 based and the other 2/3rds would be Strangers 2 based.

Something like Silver Screams but in the vein of Blumhouse where there’s 3 headlining properties. Eraserhead is just so disturbing that maybe 2-3 rooms would probably suffice for it.

- IT/The Conjuring

There’s a lot more I’d love to see but these are all in the unrealistic category.

Dream Master wasn't something I would've thought of, but in retrospect it'd be pretty cool to see. Plus, they get to re-use leftover props, like that Elm Street house facade that keeps showing up.

David Lynch would be so cool. Mulholland Drive or Inland Empire? MMMMM.

- Black Christmas

- Suspiria(1977)

- IT/The Conjuring

Agreed with you on Strangers, Suspiria and IT/Conjuring!

Honestly I'd like another video game house at this point. Uni has a pretty good relationship with Sony at this point with Evil Dead 2013, This is the End, and others, so surely they'd be able to wrangle a Last of Us or Until Dawn house, or maybe even a Bloodborne one(*dream on plays*). Resident Evil is another obvious one.

Dream Master wasn't something I would've thought of, but in retrospect it'd be pretty cool to see. Plus, they get to re-use leftover props, like that Elm Street house facade that keeps showing up.

David Lynch would be so cool. Mulholland Drive or Inland Empire? MMMMM.

Until Dawn would probably be one of the greatest HHN houses of all time if it came. Hits all the beats of the classics.

Until Dawn would probably be one of the greatest HHN houses of all time if it came. Hits all the beats of the classics.
It'd be so fun to see how they do some of the scenes in that game. Honestly, it'd probably feel like a "greatest hits" maze for HHN; it'd feature SAW traps, ToT-esque slasher characters, spooky scarecrows/clowns/zombies, dark caves like the Roanoke tunnels, abandoned asylums, then elaborate Poltergeist-ish puppets. Walking through it would probably be like a warm, nostalgic experience.

It'd be so fun to see how they do some of the scenes in that game. Honestly, it'd probably feel like a "greatest hits" maze for HHN; it'd feature SAW traps, ToT-esque slasher characters, spooky scarecrows/clowns/zombies, dark caves like the Roanoke tunnels, abandoned asylums, then elaborate Poltergeist-ish puppets. Walking through it would probably be like a warm, nostalgic experience.

Yeah true. Would love to see the Lodge’s Lobby in person espeacially in the form it was it is in at the end of the game where the Wendigos were everywhere

Here's a pitch:

The Hitcher

Features a classic villain, Jack Ryder, played by all-around good guy Rutger Hauer. Has classic scenes like the opening car ride, finger fries, the truck stop, the bus confrontation, the truck dismemberment and the police station, Rutger Hauer standing up...

Hell, they could use that crashed helicopter from Walking Dead for some of the scenes.

And did I mention Rutger Hauer?

Here's a pitch:

The Hitcher

Features a classic villain, Jack Ryder, played by all-around good guy Rutger Hauer. Has classic scenes like the opening car ride, finger fries, the truck stop, the bus confrontation, the truck dismemberment and the police station, Rutger Hauer standing up...

Hell, they could use that crashed helicopter from Walking Dead for some of the scenes.

And did I mention Rutger Hauer?
Hauer seems willing to accept any role he’s offered, I’m sure he would be down for being a scareactor.