Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 421 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look closely at the logo, it has sparkles on the gold letters and really good reflective lighting effects. It's a pretty decent logo, maybe a little too much time spent for a fake if you ask me. Compare it to my thrown together image for my article and you see how they compare lol.

fantastic-worlds-unofficial02-690x460.jpg

I don't think we're as far away from new park info as people assume. The park is being built in unincorporated Orange County, which has a different permitting and plan review process than the City of Orlando - everything is highly visible to the public (see the infrastructure plans filed back in October). When they start filing plans for the new park - which will probably be happening within the next 6 or so months - every theme park blog out there will be posting and dissecting them. If I were Universal I'd want to be the one officially announcing the new park, its name, and general scope, rather than letting the blogs do it via permits.

I don't think we're as far away from new park info as people assume. The park is being built in unincorporated Orange County, which has a different permitting and plan review process than the City of Orlando - everything is highly visible to the public (see the infrastructure plans filed back in October). When they start filing plans for the new park - which will probably be happening within the next 6 or so months - every theme park blog out there will be posting and dissecting them. If I were Universal I'd want to be the one officially announcing the new park, its name, and general scope, rather than letting the blogs do it via permits.

I agree with most of this, but I have a feeling we won't see any permits or plans for the park until 2020 at the earliest. They're still working on land prep.

I can understand that people see a pokeball as around the compass area, it looks like a red tint on top and a white tint on the bottom. The image is a bit washed out since it's from a presentation, it might be more obvious with some photoshopping to darken it a bit. (which I could do later today)

I can understand that people see a pokeball as around the compass area, it looks like a red tint on top and a white tint on the bottom. The image is a bit washed out since it's from a presentation, it might be more obvious with some photoshopping to darken it a bit. (which I could do later today)
The actual colors are blue and orange.

Because it's always blue and orange.

Orange/Blue Contrast in Movie Posters – /Film

I know what he's referring to/what he thinks it was.

But he's also saying that organic leaks are impossible...which is nuts. Things leak all the time. Hell, half of us here have seen multiple plans for Nintendo, Secret Life of Pets, etc.
Never once said it was impossible lol

Gotcha. Organic leaks are absolutely possible, happens in my industry all the time, regardless of NDAs.
Thanks man for being the only one that understood what I was trying to say.

Universal will announce the park when Disney has some insane celebration or announcement. They did this with Dragon Challenge. There just waiting for the perfect time to strike. If I were them, I would announce the park the same day that Disney announces the opening date for Galaxys edge in Disneyland LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with most of this, but I have a feeling we won't see any permits or plans for the park until 2020 at the earliest. They're still working on land prep.
The issue is that the permitting process could take a while (6+ months), especially for a project as complex as a new theme park. My hypothesized vague timeline:

Q1 or Q2 2019: Plans for new park submitted to county
Q2 or Q3 2019: Construction begins on back of house (warehouses)
Q4 2019 or Q1 2020: Construction begins on new park

Also keep in mind that once they have land prep done on the park area they can start construction there while continuing land prep on other areas such as the parking lot.

Not to rattle the cages, but as some have speculated, the Pottermore release of the new Potter coaster art was not planned or fully authorized. It's not a "leak" - more of a breakdown in communications.

As far as I know, this Fantastic Worlds image is genuine.

Name? We have a name.

The name has grown on me, I kind of hated it at first but now I'm just accepting it for what it is. What's in a name? In the list of things that's important about this new resort, the name is near the bottom.

Yea, I am a little surprised to see something with a logo, even if thrown together, already ready for power point presentations. Just a couple months ago we had Comcast saying they were "looking into building a new park" and now they're showing off slides!? Big jump.

I think the logo is temporary, it looks like it was thrown together for the sake of a presentation.

Remember this?
ioa_g_3_1.jpg

Not to rattle the cages, but as some have speculated, the Pottermore release of the new Potter coaster art was not planned or fully authorized. It's not a "leak" - more of a breakdown in communications.

As far as I know, this Fantastic Worlds image is genuine.
This.

Breaking embargo is not "leaking." It's breaking an embargo. It's violating an NDA. Anything that gets posted through an official channel (Corporate-owned entities, their subsidiaries, associated marketing partners, etc) can't "leak" because it's "official." In the case of the Potter Coaster, Pottermore (an official subsidiary and marketing partner) was given an image. That image should have had a "do not release before XXX date on it." Releasing it before that date is breaking an embargo. If Universal DIDN'T watermark it, and didn't communicate an embargo date, then Pottermore was free to release it regardless.

A "leak" occurs becomes public when the originator is not directly associated with the creator, OR if the originator is RISKING LEGAL ACTION/THEIR JOB to make the information public.

A "controlled leak" doesn't risk legal action, as it's a coordinated form of PR.

EDIT - As an example: If Mike Aiello post a screenshot of a house layout, it's an announcement/controlled leak. If I post it, then it's an actual leak.

Last edited:
The name has grown on me, I kind of hated it at first but now I'm just accepting it for what it is. What's in a name? In the list of things that's important about this new resort, the name is near the bottom.

I think the logo is temporary, it looks like it was thrown together for the sake of a presentation.

Remember this?
ioa_g_3_1.jpg

I'm glad they didn't use that one...was a bit over the top

Status
Not open for further replies.