Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 422 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok which one of you is gonna break out the spreadsheets

I do the spreadsheet's every so often..

Don’t think anyone is asking for a Godzilla land. That ain’t happening. Attraction is far more likely.

Yeah, if Godzilla comes..it'd probably be while the basis E-Ticket of a land within the park (not counting the world aspect), but as apart of perhaps a themed Sci-Fi/Tokyo based area.

I get why Universal chose to put the Worlds part. Sounds different from Islands, will become a good shorthand, and sends a message that this park will continue the trend of themed lands.

I’m not on board with the Fantastic part yet. It seems too tied to Fantastic Beasts. That could be a complete coincidence. But, if it’s a reference, I’m not crazy about a theme park being so tied to an IP. And a not-that-timeless one at that.

Can we just agree that Fantastic World's is a cringy name? If that name makes it past marketing, just wow. Who knows, maybe marketing came up with it.

Show of hands, whose initial reaction was to roll their eyes?

@GadgetGuru Definitely agree. Even before the second movie came out I never understood the hype around FB coming to the parks. The first movie was forgettable, and the second downright terrible. Ministry of Magic would be a much better fit. That said, most of the money for this park is going to Nintendo. I would rather they wait to make a land that does MoM justice than one with a budget axe taken to it. To be clear, this park is going to be a new park, with all the qualities that a new park has.

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas and Blue
Fantastic Worlds is a fine name? Better than Legendary Lands or Epic Worlds.

Logo is very obviously temporary, I'm sure a much slicker one will debut with the official announcement. Which I'm sure we'll all live to see.. I'm... very sure.

Laughing that Fantastic Beasts is probably going to be one of the four worlds... going to bet that it will slide to something a little more centrist to regular Potter-lore after the movies seem to not be going the way WB hoped.

Fantastic Worlds is a fine name? Better than Legendary Lands or Epic Worlds.

Logo is very obviously temporary, I'm sure a much slicker one will debut with the official announcement. Which I'm sure we'll all live to see.. I'm... very sure.

Laughing that Fantastic Beasts is probably going to be one of the four worlds... going to bet that it will slide to something a little more centrist to regular Potter-lore after the movies seem to not be going the way WB hoped.
Ehh, put me in the Legendary lands camp. At least it rolls off the tongue easier. I mean, having "fantastic" in the park name is a bit too "pat on the back" for me. Especially when a few of the "worlds" are very likely to be less than fantastic.

Why do they have to have "epic", "fantastic", etc? It reminds me of those cheap small-business ads on TV. And it shows a complete and utter lack of creativity.

Reactions: Blue
It's more of a riff off of "Fantastical" than "great"
Then why not use fantastical? It sounds much better. And while I had certainly pondered whether their intention was fantastical or great (technically great could also mean fantastical "After all He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible. But great."-Mr. Ollivander), it isn't instantly clear, which makes the name even more of a headache.

Reactions: Blue
Ehh, put me in the Legendary lands camp. At least it rolls off the tongue easier. I mean, having "fantastic" in the park name is a bit too "pat on the back" for me. Especially when a few of the "worlds" are very likely to be less than fantastic.

Why do they have to have "epic", "fantastic", etc? It reminds me of those cheap small-business ads on TV. And it shows a complete and utter lack of creativity.

Yeah I agree. I get most theme parks have basic names but surely they can come up with something better. It sounds like a cheap copy of Magic Kingdom to me.

Reactions: Orlandofan12
I'm fine with the name. It caught me off guard when it was trademarked, but the more I get a sense of (what I think will be) the park's structure the more sense it makes.

I just want someone to film a guerilla production of "The Fantasticks" once it opens so we can have "Fantasticks World."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.