Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it.Good description of the park And when people talk about it, it'll probably be shortened anyway ie. MK, DHS, AK, IOA, Studios, etc......Probably, 'Worlds'.

The name is fine. It doesn't set the world on fire, but I can't think of a name that would.
Disney California Adventure. Yea, there’s a name you can really sink your teeth into. /s

Seriously though, I think they got lucky with Animal Kingdom. Such a perfect name. It’s got ‘Kingdom’ like MK, it’s already a term associated with animals. So perfect. Of course, they almost ruined it by complicating it with extra words. Originally called “Disney’s Wild Animal Kingdom” when announced.

Shorter is better. I think that’s why I like Fantastic Worlds over Islands of Adventure.

Disney California Adventure. Yea, there’s a name you can really sink your teeth into. /s

Seriously though, I think they got lucky with Animal Kingdom. Such a perfect name. It’s got ‘Kingdom’ like MK, it’s already a term associated with animals. So perfect. Of course, they almost ruined it by complicating it with extra words. Originally called “Disney’s Wild Animal Kingdom” when announced.

Shorter is better. I think that’s why I like Fantastic Worlds over Islands of Adventure.

Originally it was “Disney’s Wild Kingdom” to give them more room to work with in the theme. Wild Kingdom is a trademark of someone else so they went with Animal Kingdom.

They could have gone with:

"Universal's IP Provinces"
"Universal's Third-Party Theme Park"
"Universal's P4rk" (my personal favorite)
"Universal's Islands of Adventure 2: Nintendo Boogaloo"
"Universal's We Have Worlds Too"
"Universal's Fast and Fantastic: I-Drift"

Fantastic Worlds is fine.

Just like with personal names, people generally shorten multi syllables to one syllable. Longer name for marketing purposes, short version will develop for people talking about it.

What would be the biggest shocker if Comcast decided to add Downtown Abbey to the park? Its one of their most popular IPs that they haven't exploited at all yet in a long term setting.

What would be the biggest shocker if Comcast decided to add Downtown Abbey to the park? Its one of their most popular IPs that they haven't exploited at all yet in a long term setting.

JpomFtP.jpg

As a limited engagement exhibition, similar from Coraline to Kubo in one of the Soundstages at USF? ...Maybe? But I don't see it having any possible correlation to being a big part of the new park.

Wasn't there a thought that this park would have in park hotels? What better place than the Abbey? Add in a dining element add it to a classics world where you have the monsters etc. bam.

Status
Not open for further replies.