Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 424 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's the original trademark:

Trademark Status & Document Retrieval

It's important to note that this was filed 5 years before the park opened and the official name was filed 2 years before opening so there's always a chance that the name for Universal's new park can change. Somebody could come up with a better name between now and opening.

It could work, I never tought QVC (although a popular tv station) could never translate into a theme park but Disney is doing an amazing job with it.

I think I’ve read this wrong but I had a look at QVC and ended up buying a Frozen Anna dress for £6.98 including delivery for my niece. Best bargain I've got for Christmas so thank you.

Disney Frozen Anna Travelling Outfit Costume - QVC UK

Why all the hate on Epic Worlds? I think that is an epic name (good). Fantastic Worlds? Well that's just fantastic (bad).

I also wonder what percentage of those polled were JKR fans who were hoping for a whole Fantastic Beasts themepark?

Reactions: truejonas
I for one adore the name Universal’s Fantastic Worlds. Fantastic is the perfect word to create excitement in addition to not limiting what can be there. Fantastic simply means not bound to anything. It’s out there, mesmerizing, odd, fancy, grotesque, unreal, amazing, different, incredible, and on and on and on.

“A place unlike anything you’ve seen before. Universal’s Fantastic Worlds, vacation without limits only at Universal’s Epic Universe Orlando”

Too soon?

I do think you are actually in the minority on this one. I think most HP fans plan on seeing Fantastic Beasts at some point whether it be the Theater or at Home. Every HP fan I know (and I'm the same age range) is excited about it/seen it already.
My two best friends who happen to be big Potter fans won’t see it out of protest. I haven’t seen it bc I just don’t care (and I loved Potter growing up). My mom and my sister, also big potter fans who’ve read all the books, haven’t had interest in seeing it either.

So there is a contingent out there that either doesn’t care or will refuse to see it bc they don’t want it to ruin Potter for them. And it’s not hard to find.

My two best friends who happen to be big Potter fans won’t see it out of protest. I haven’t seen it bc I just don’t care (and I loved Potter growing up). My mom and my sister, also big potter fans who’ve read all the books, haven’t had interest in seeing it either.

So there is a contingent out there that either doesn’t care or will refuse to see it bc they don’t want it to ruin Potter for them. And it’s not hard to find.

I still haven’t seen it and won’t until it’s on Netflix. I already saw SOLO at his year, so I’m full on crappy, unnecessary prequels

Reactions: truejonas
Hey uh, Solo is very enjoyable :eek:ut:

Grindelwald isn't bad either (for someone into Potter lore), but it does wander around pretty aimlessly for a good portion of the runtime. Two movies in, I genuinely can't see what the basis for an attraction is. The only thing I could see working is a dark ride inside Newt's suitcase showcasing all his beasts, but I don't think it'd make for a very interesting ride outside of some cool animatronics. Maybe you could make the opening scene of Grindelwald into a coaster, but it'd be an incredibly loose adaptation and something Rowling would never approve. The land/world is going to age pretty poorly if Universal isn't reconsidering it after Grindelwald's box office.

I would actually agree with you I grew up with potter books and movies and love the franchise. I don’t have much interest in seeing FB; it just doesn’t have the same appeal to me as the original franchise did.

This whole Fantastic Beasts is showing the fading of the Wizarding Worlds popularity is just malarkey.

Look I get it Crimes of Grindelwald dint crush it at the box office, and what? Simply put the movie is still enjoyed by many myself included. Was it perfect no but it happens. Also the movie is already in the black so WB isn’t exactly crying over it. The franchise isn’t dead by any means, the next may blow everyone away and reinvigorate the series.

Imagine if Universal never took a chance on continuing the Fast and the Furious after doubts were abound with the weak showings of Tokyo Drift and even Fast and Furious. Now they have a franchise that all they have to do is release it and it’s a billion dollar earner.

Or after everyone thought we were done with the Dinosurs of Jurassic Park with the release of JP3. Then new blood was injected and Jurassic World arrived and the box office broke upon its release and the franchise is now part of the just release it and you’ve got a billion dollar hit club.

I don’t mean to go off track but to many on here have been just going crazy with the Harry Potter popularity is done and no one wants the Wizarding world anymore hoopla. Enough Harry Potter and all the Wizarding World is an evergreen IP just face it.

And if you don’t feel like I do fine but bring valid arguments not well google said crap.

Last food for thought if you honestly believe WB should just move on from the Wizarding World because Crimes of Grindelwalds box office then by that same logic Disney should just give away Star Wars right now after Solo’s box office showing, I mean it must be down right toxic as Crime of Grindelwald will more than double its take by the end.

Edit:
Also wanted to add that I didn’t mean to trash on Star Wars, I love everything Star Wars just like the Wizarding World. They build worlds for us to visit and escape too. Just wanted to show a comparison as people just love jumping to conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.