Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 190 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So from what I’ve heard, the opening of this thing is hardly set in stone that it’ll be that late December timeline. They realize that opening just before the holiday rush isn’t necessarily the best idea and would like to push to get this open earlier if possible so that the Xmas/NYE week will be a bit smoother.

So from what I’ve heard, the opening of this thing is hardly set in stone that it’ll be that late December timeline. They realize that opening just before the holiday rush isn’t necessarily the best idea and would like to push to get this open earlier if possible so that the Xmas/NYE week will be a bit smoother.

This would be a very pleasant surprise. Pushing back feels like it would be the more obvious play for the company, but maybe Iger sees the 2019 commitment as something that they can't break.

This would be a very pleasant surprise. Pushing back feels like it would be the more obvious play for the company, but maybe Iger sees the 2019 commitment as something that they can't break.

Well he ain’t retiring yet so maybe they’ll push it past it then.

I wouldn't mind this. It'd give me a reason to come back home for Christmas a few days earlier before the mad rush descends (though the land is going to be packed regardless).

Iger is never gonna retire. He makes too much money to just walk away without any other venture set up for him to jump to.
Why is enough never enough? He probably has enough money already for way more people than just himself to retire comfortably.

This does look pretty amazing. It makes me finally want to visit Disney. But I'll probably be waiting a while to see what the crowds are like (and also trying to convince others to go to Disney.)