Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nobody’s worried about gore, but to downplay its importance in an event like Halloween Horror Nights is just silly. Gore offers a level of grit that is needed for a healthy event. Case closed.
You can have grit without gore though. So, no, the case isn't closed.

Catacombs - No gore
In-Between - No gore
Seeds of Extinction - No gore
Forsaken - No gore
Scarecrow - No gore
Gothic - No gore
Havoc - Minimal blood
Original Dead Exposure - No blood (implied gore)
Original Psychoscarepy - Minimal gore (only one body that was heavily bandaged)

Seven of those 9 are HotY, fan favorites.

Even Screamhouse - the prototypical standard of a HHN house only had TWO gory scenes, out of 15 total scenes. And that's critical. The gore worked there because it was a sucker punch. Sure, it was a LOT of gore, but it was scenes 4 and 6. That's it. You were almost halfway through the house before you saw any blood. And the impact lingered because you didn't become desensitized to it in every scene.

That's the point. If every scene is blood, viscera, bones, blood, then the house runs together into a bland glop of red.

Painting the walls red is easy. With gore, less is more.

Not necessarily for 29 but, is there any chance that we will get a duel park year in the future? I would think for an anniversary year that itt would work or if the construction continues to take areas away that it would be beneficial to do so.

Reactions: tankart150
Also means they can’t pull a 27 with announcements or else they’ll be announcing stuff the week before HHN opens.
27 wasn’t that much of an outlier compared to years prior though.

It just shifts the “final reveal” a month to the left - so the final week of July. I actually don’t seem the announcement schedule changing too much despite that. Site change and announcements start end of April, then a trickle of info every two weeks.

27 wasn’t that much of an outlier compared to years prior though.

It just shifts the “final reveal” a month to the left - so the final week of July. I actually don’t seem the announcement schedule changing too much despite that. Site change and announcements start end of April, then a trickle of info every two weeks.

I've noticed that they've tended to announce houses earlier on the even years than the odd years.

It is a bit crazy to think how early the event is starting now. But if it's that popular...

The more I think about this start, the more concerned about it I am. They barely got everything show ready in time last year, and that was with only four-six weeks between completing the full strike from 27 and starting prep for 28. With the likelihood of new locations, new lead designers, etc, there is absolutely NO cushion to adjust for any issues that may arise.

With Rock the Universe being moved, they probably felt it was okay to start it earlier (that and the growing popularity of the event).
Could well have been the reason Rock the Universe was moved. This idea may have been in the works for some time, and they may have moved Rock out since it was a roadblock to the calendar expansion where it sat with those September weekend dates.