Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

I would totally buy a Galaxy collection, however due to the motion mechanic, I don't think it would be playable in hand held mode, which is a real shame.
Simple. Assign spinning to a button like on the Nvidia Sheild and assign the star bit collector to one of the sticks/gyro in console mode and the touch screen when in handheld.

Bringing this up..from Mystic Distance (translator at Persona Central)

Also, the NES Classic and SNES Classic have now ceased production.

That screams Mario Maker to me. It should have been out earlier this year. Also, maybe a new 2D Mario game or a Super Mario Galaxy collection? What about Mario Kart and Odyssey DLC? So many options here.

I don't think it means more to Nintendo..but it means more to third parties. Especially, Japanese third party companies.

SEGA, Platinum, Atlus Ltd, Bandai Namco Entertainment, Capcom, and Square have a lot of games from them that are previous and/or new. Imagine if this is the year that Japanese companies come in like a lion; and support the console/handheld in a big way.

It'd make sense, especially as the Switch continues being a hit in Japan.

..The big question to me, lies with Atlus. And more specifically, would they want to get Shin Megami Tensei V as fast as possible, or hold it off and do a Persona 4: Golden on Persona 5 (with what I assume being called: Persona 5 Reunion).

Last edited:
Bringing this up..from Mystic Distance (translator at Persona Central)

Also, the NES Classic and SNES Classic have now ceased production.

I hope this means SNES games added to Switch online. It’s just not worth my money yet.
That screams Mario Maker to me. It should have been out earlier this year. Also, maybe a new 2D Mario game or a Super Mario Galaxy collection? What about Mario Kart and Odyssey DLC? So many options here.
No new 2D Mario since we’re getting a port of NSMBU. I really wanted a new one that evolved past NSMB too...

I could see SNES pop up sooner than later. After-all if I'm not mistaken, there was a brief period to where an emblem of the SNES was up on Nintendo Switch Online before it was taken off.

That said, I could see it as a Anniversary gift or something.

Show me a time where Nintendo released both a port like how they’ve been doing with the Wii U library and a big new game in the same franchise on the same console in the same year.

I’ll wait.

NSMBU comes out two weeks into January. It's practically still a 2018 release. Do I think it's going to happen? No. But it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Given the success of BOTW (first Zelda over 10 million units sold on a single console, currently at 10.3 million on the Switch with another 1.6 million on the Wii U), I'd have to think the reason for pushing up the schedule on mainline Zelda games is that they want to get a sequel out quicker than the normal timeline.

I'd be surprised if it was anything but a direct sequel given that BOTW easily outsold OoT's original run and may soon outsell OoT's combined N64/3DS sales (13.2 million).

In some sense, they also realize that Zelda has lagged behind their Mario/Pokemon franchises quite a bit in terms of how much content they've been producing for it; Zelda is their 3rd strongest franchise, they need it to receive as much content as such if they plan to branch Zelda out into theme parks/movies/etc. in the future.