Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not unprecedented. That’s summer/busy season hours for Universal and that date you are talking about is right over Memorial Day weekend.
Sorry, but you are incorrect. If you re read my post you will see the hours for May are 9:00 PM closings for 'both parks' on '27 days' of the month. That is unprecedented for Universal. Closing hours before Memorial Day weekend have always been much earlier.

Sorry, but you are incorrect. If you re read my post you will see the hours for May are 9:00 PM closings for 'both parks' on '27 days' of the month. That is unprecedented for Universal. Closing hours before Memorial Day weekend have always been much earlier.
Maybe they are just extending hours later based on what the park attendance was during May this past year though? All summer this year (June-Early September) Universal was at 9 and 10 PM closings so they could just be extending that out to May.

Maybe they are just extending hours later based on what the park attendance was during May this past year though? All summer this year (June-Early September) Universal was at 9 and 10 PM closings so they could just be extending that out to May.
Possibly. Though June always has later closing hours. But historically Universal May crowds prior to Memorial Day weekend are usually in the low range most weekdays and low to moderate on weekends. Last years Touring Plan crowds were in that range also. I was there for the last two weeks in May last year(I've been at Universal for vacation in May for every year since 2011), and short of a couple of crowded Saturday days, lines were short. And Universal/Comcast second quarter 2018 report indicated flat attendance & revenue for the April,May, June quarter. Like I said in my one post, this just might be nothing, but then again it might be a signal. It certainly is unusual though. Generally it's been one park with late closing hours and the second park with 6 and 7 o:clock closings. But, I certainly like it, whatever the reasoning may be. It's about time Universal started doing this.....And, it seems there's really only one logical reason that Universal would expect larger than historical May crowds, based on the past & the 2018 second quarter results... And that reason would be......Potter opening............Now, if they would change those posted hours in the future, that could be an indicator construction is behind schedule.

Last edited:
880d4d2ceb4e670ec0332fd23d10552b-jpg.jpg

Train is on on the track!

One side is lower than the other. The seats may be non bike seating, but this looks like Hagrids sidecar. Taller on left than the right seats in this pic.

View attachment 8520

That angle changes everything.

The zoomed in image above is the perfect angle of making both sides look like the same height. If it turns out to be a motorbike and side car combo thing, it will be great but I could see capacity issues with people wanting to ride the bike but on the other hand, the side car is far more inviting for people put off by the bike idea.

The zoomed in image above is the perfect angle of making both sides look like the same height. If it turns out to be a motorbike and side car combo thing, it will be great but I could see capacity issues with people wanting to ride the bike but on the other hand, the side car is far more inviting for people put off by the bike idea.
This angle too. The seat backs are definitely tall, and need to be with all the launches and the steep spike, but even the seat backs look to be at different heights.

You can see handlebars for the seat seen on left, and the rounded sidecar on right.

72991B7F-15AA-49C1-AC44-33C4D70738BA.jpeg

I don't see it being like Tron seating.

I don't think both will be the same seats and restraints, just different "exterior". Plus if load is like what Alicia is saying guests will have to quickly move over, sit, and lower restraints, so it'll have a train more like Everest or HRRR than Maverick.

When I saw the train wrap my first thought was something similar to this style seat (not a wave runner though...obviously):

upload_2018-12-16_19-22-45.jpeg

This is a ride in Sea World San Antonio. It has the look of the motorbike coasters but you still sit in an upright 'normal' position. I think this would be much easier to board on a moving walkway and still feel like riding a motor cycle. I rode it this summer and it is quite smooth and comfortable with lots of fast low twists and a couple of hills. I don't think its the same manufacturer as the potter coaster but still similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.