Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 459 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to something substantial going into KidZone, I think Shrek and Fear Factor need to be out of the park as soon as possible, replaced by dark rides of some sort.

I'd say the same thing about The Simpsons Ride (being so old), but the fact that the surrounding Springfield area is so well-liked means the Ride will probably continue to limp on.
Simpsons will have to go within the next 10 years however if the contract is up in 2028. So might as well keep it on the list of things they’ll need to get around to.

In addition to something substantial going into KidZone, I think Shrek and Fear Factor need to be out of the park as soon as possible, replaced by dark rides of some sort.

I'd say the same thing about The Simpsons Ride (being so old), but the fact that the surrounding Springfield area is so well-liked means the Ride will probably continue to limp on.
Unfortunately FFL is non-intrusive to the park like Shrek

In other words, you almost forget it's there on your way too and from Diagon Alley

Shrek and Kidzone should get first dibs IMO

Simpsons will have to go within the next 10 years however if the contract is up in 2028. So might as well keep it on the list of things they’ll need to get around to.

I'd love to see them re-up (though the Disney/Fox acquisition would complicate that, if not make it impossible), demolish the current ride, and build an elaborate dark ride. The Simpsons aesthetic would translate very well to AAs, I think.

Unfortunately FFL is non-intrusive to the park like Shrek

In other words, you almost forget it's there on your way too and from Diagon Alley

Shrek and Kidzone should get first dibs IMO

Sure, but FFL is occupying a plot of land that would be better suited to an actual, good attraction. It's a waste of space.

I'd get comfortable with the idea of FFL staying for a while
Please NOOOO!!!

Screw that, if the building must stay bring back a Bill and Ted Show year round instead. At least that has a new movie listed and popularity on its side.

Please no more Fear Factor has a new show coming to MTV though bull. A show being picked up by MTV is truly a justification that it has no true mainstream appeal and only appeals to late teen early 20 year olds. That is seriously the kind of group you don’t want to attract. Two fold argument as one they are disrespectful party animals and second, more importantly, they don’t vacation to areas like Universal or theme parks in general.

I say this with respect to the fact that we all were once these irritating, irrational animals. Myself included.

Something, anything else please Uni please!

Please NOOOO!!!

Screw that, if the building must stay bring back a Bill and Ted Show year round instead. At least that has a new movie listed and popularity on its side.

Please no more Fear Factor has a new show coming to MTV though bull. A show being picked up by MTV is truly a justification that it has no true mainstream appeal and only appeals to late teen early 20 year olds. That is seriously the kind of group you don’t want to attract. Two fold argument as one they are disrespectful party animals and second, more importantly, they don’t vacation to areas like Universal or theme parks in general.

I say this with respect to the fact that we all were once these irritating, irrational animals. Myself included.

Something, anything else please Uni please!
You won’t hear about the show coming to MTV. It’s been on there for 2 seasons now. That’s also not the reason it’s still a show.

I swore up and down that the MoM wasn't going to be in the new park...But now I feel like it will be after seeing the new FB movie

Also, I just realized this is the JP thread :topic:

Reactions: truejonas
The vibe I've gotten is the new projects and plans in summer 2017 got shuffled to the new park once that was fast tracked. So Ministry, Nintendo, etc go to the new park and some other projects then fill in the hole.

So my question, and remember that it's a dummy asking, is do they have anything in the bag that could fill the holes, or do we have to wait longer on new ideas?

So my question, and remember that it's a dummy asking, is do they have anything in the bag that could fill the holes, or do we have to wait longer on new ideas?
There is more to Nintendo that they could potentially pull from...People may laugh at me, but Animal Crossing could be a fun mini land

More likely, Illumination is very committed to introducing new properties in the coming years...I wouldn't be surprised if a new lucrative property pops up in the coming years

Or, heaven forbid, Universal Pictures comes out with something engaging

That’s definitely what happened to Nintendo World here, but not so sure about MoM.
Yeah, MoM doesn’t make sense not going to USF.
There is more to Nintendo that they could potentially pull from...People may laugh at me, but Animal Crossing could be a fun mini land

More likely, Illumination is very committed to introducing new properties in the coming years...I wouldn't be surprised if a new lucrative property pops up in the coming years

Or, heaven forbid, Universal Pictures comes out with something engaging
Animal Crossing is more likely to get an area, mini or otherwise, in Japan. Here, at most, a single flat.

...only appeals to late teen early 20 year olds. That is seriously the kind of group you don’t want to attract. Two fold argument as one they are disrespectful party animals and second, more importantly, they don’t vacation to areas like Universal or theme parks in general.

As an early 20 year old who doesn't drink and vacations to theme parks multiple times a year, I find this offensive. :lol:

Although adults might enjoy the parks (and have more financial stability to go regularly), I would still say that young adults are one of UO's big target demos. Get them to buy in, and they will keep coming back and turn their kids into Universal kids as well. Plus, those "party animals" can make bank for Universal in CityWalk.

:topic:

I am really curious to see if this coaster does turn into a Taron-style coaster and be a real thrill ride, or if they'll make it more family friendly. I couldn't find anything on Taron's height restrictions - anyone know what those might be?.

I am really curious to see if this coaster does turn into a Taron-style coaster and be a real thrill ride, or if they'll make it more family friendly. I couldn't find anything on Taron's height restrictions - anyone know what those might be?.
The official website says:

Minimum height: 1.30 m
Between 1.30 m and 1.40 m you must be be accompanied by an adult.

That's about 51 inches when converted I believe.

Reactions: truejonas
The JP coaster shouldn't be a long build if it is just sparsely themed. I see no reason why it couldn't open in summer 2020 if construction stars next summer or early fall.

This. Look at the Potter coaster. If it was just going to be a coaster like this one, it could probably open in a few months.

That’s definitely what happened to Nintendo World here, but not so sure about MoM.

I'm expecting MoM in Park 3 at this point.

It will be a thrill ride 100%. Taron's height requirement is 51 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.