Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
To bring up the trains..

so, they are 2 seats (which I assume, is two different styles); as the train is about 7 rows worth.

So essentially, 14 passengers per train. That would leave the question, how many trains would feasibly be on the track at one given time; and how much the hourly capacity would be.

Also, as a note for me..I love the aging that's going on the new facade that's for the former Dragon Challenge showbuilding.

To bring up the trains..

so, they are 2 seats (which I assume, is two different styles); as the train is about 7 rows worth.

So essentially, 14 passengers per train. That would leave the question, how many trains would feasibly be on the track at one given time; and how much the hourly capacity would be.
I'm thinking around 8 trains max, which (with an estimated 4 minute ride time) would allow for a 30 second dispatch interval. One train going out every 30 seconds would mean ~120 trains per hour, and 1680 people per hour. With all of these unknown factors, I could definitely be very off (and I wouldn't be surprised if I am), but I think that seems like a reasonable-ish guess.

Is it possible that the train shape resembles brooms? There is a ride in Knott's Berry Farm in which you "ride" a horse. The train has this things on the back that push you to the front to secure you, your legs are on the sides of the "horse" and it does feel like riding a horse. Is it possible that we finally get to feel how it is to ride a broom?
hqdefault.jpg

First of all go to bioreconstruct (@bioreconstruct) | Twitter and like the hell out of his photo's.
Add the amazing detailed photo's from Dan and I can imagine how the end result could be.
It is looking more and more amazing every update we get from this massive attraction.
The attention to detail is shocking. This ride will be one I'd love to ride multiple times. Two different ride vehicles, during the day, during the night, it are 4 rides in 1 from that perspective alone.

First of all go to bioreconstruct (@bioreconstruct) | Twitter and like the hell out of his photo's.
Add the amazing detailed photo's from Dan and I can imagine how the end result could be.
It is looking more and more amazing every update we get from this massive attraction.
The attention to detail is shocking. This ride will be one I'd love to ride multiple times. Two different ride vehicles, during the day, during the night, it are 4 rides in 1 from that perspective alone.

Makes me all the more excited for SNW as well.

Is it possible that the train shape resembles brooms? There is a ride in Knott's Berry Farm in which you "ride" a horse. The train has this things on the back that push you to the front to secure you, your legs are on the sides of the "horse" and it does feel like riding a horse. Is it possible that we finally get to feel how it is to ride a broom?
hqdefault.jpg

I’ve been told it’s a “regular sit down and pull the lap bar down” train with motorbike theming around it.

It’s intamin, they are notoriously bad for larger guests.
Faaaaantastic. I can do the Mummy every time, Gringotts is fifty fifty depending on whether the attendant will push at all. We'll see whether I can do this one.

I'm thinking around 8 trains max, which (with an estimated 4 minute ride time) would allow for a 30 second dispatch interval. One train going out every 30 seconds would mean ~120 trains per hour, and 1680 people per hour. With all of these unknown factors, I could definitely be very off (and I wouldn't be surprised if I am), but I think that seems like a reasonable-ish guess.

For the sake of discussion, let's say these numbers are accurate-ish. Does anybody know where would this fall, capacity-wise, among other major coasters in Orlando? I'm just trying to get a handle on the sort of wait times this might eventually command.

Status
Not open for further replies.