Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t anticipate this one having seatbelts which should help accommodating some of the borderline larger guests, but it’s still an intamin ride which means seating is going to be restrictive regardless.

Just because the belt is 45 secs long doesn't mean that's how long it will be between dispatches though. Since the belt is the length of the old Fire dragon load AND unload platforms, I'm guessing more than one train can be sitting on the moving walkway at once.
Yes. And Universal's recent history (except for the retro fit of Despicable Me into an existing low capacity simulator) is that they build attractions with high capacity, most especially the Potter attractions. I would guess this will end up with capacity in the 1600 to 2000 range once everything is said and done. No panic on my part concerning capacity. Universal has a different outlook than Disney when it come to capacity on new attractions.....Six launches and a coaster ride that takes 3 to 4 minutes (which I've been saying for over a year now) , along with a large loading area, should prove beneficial to a decent capacity set up.

Yes. And Universal's recent history (except for the retro fit of Despicable Me into an existing low capacity simulator) is that they build attractions with high capacity, most especially the Potter attractions. I would guess this will end up with capacity in the 1600 to 2000 range once everything is said and done. No panic on my part concerning capacity. Universal has a different outlook than Disney when it come to capacity on new attractions.....Six launches and a coaster ride that takes 3 to 4 minutes (which I've been saying for over a year now) , along with a large loading area, should prove beneficial to a decent capacity set up.
Right. If they didn't care about capacity, they wouldn't have built an A/B style switch track for the ride's longest scene, to accommodate more trains faster.

Right. If they didn't care about capacity, they wouldn't have built an A/B style switch track for the ride's longest scene, to accommodate more trains faster.
I may have missed it, but how does that work? Are there two copies of the scene? Will you see the scene from behind another car? What's the plan?

Just because the belt is 45 secs long doesn't mean that's how long it will be between dispatches though. Since the belt is the length of the old Fire dragon load AND unload platforms, I'm guessing more than one train can be sitting on the moving walkway at once.

Similar to how HRRR might have a 30 second load but they have several trains on the belt at once.

In all fairness people are expecting the SWGE rides to have similar capacity.

I may have missed it, but how does that work? Are there two copies of the scene? Will you see the scene from behind another car? What's the plan?

They're in parallel, when you enter the show building a track switch will either take you to the left or right. Then after the drop you'll emerge, go through a track switch, then launch. Sort of like how the Stretching Rooms at HM work in parallel.

A/B switch... meaning, after each car the track switches so the next one is on the other side.

They will not be experiencing the scene at the same time.

It will be one, then another, but by switching tracks it allows the drop track mechanism time to raise back into position, without having a train sitting and waiting to enter.

I wrote a thing!

Coaster Trains Spotted on Track for New Harry Potter Coaster at Universal Orlando – Orlando ParkStop

I am trying desperately to explain to folks that while it looks like a motorbike it will not be like Tron seating at all. Between me and @Joe on Twitter, I feel like we're losing the battle on that one. My apologies for not clarifying it in my original tweet in the first place!
I like it when you write a thing. I'm also okay if both ride vehicles are generally the same except maybe for the height. It could also explain the height of the motor side due to the location of most show scene's. It seems they are (almost) all on the left hand side making it sort of a stadium seating if you catch my drift. The others (fluffy and maybe the flying car) will be higher up and can be seen by both.

Last edited:
I like it when you write a thing. I'm also okay if both ride vehicles are generally the same except maybe for the height. It could also explain the height of the motor side due to the location of most show scene's. It seems they are all on the left hand side making it sort of a stadium seating if you catch my drift.
Oh yea! Good point. Hagrid and Skrewt. Fluffy. And goodbye moment. All on left hand side.

Take that! everyone that clamors to sit on the bike side! Sidecar gets better view.

Glad to see cave work is beginning and am very interested to see what happens theme wise to the backwards helix heading into the drop track show building.

Seems like to what I can guess, there will be a rockwork wall added to cover the drop track showbuilding for both the coaster..and Hogwarts Express.

Heck, it seems like it's already starting to come up, judging from one of the aerial shots that Bio took.

DulKTvyVAAEgqtv.jpg:large

upload_2018-12-17_14-6-38.png

Link

A resounding yes.
3SIz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.