Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 413 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder if the spike will ever get built. The steel that Alicia pointed out has been there for many, many months, but has only started to be moved since they poured the foundation for Fluffy. Perhaps just a coincidence but I'm wondering if the steel is actually for the rockwork around Fluffy.

They really have to go all in for two reasons: 1) Rowling would demand nothing less and 2) Removing the theming from one part of the ride, brings down the whole thing.

Reactions: truejonas
Does someone know where the trees for the rides come from.
I know Disney has been in de-forestation mode for years now but I guess these are from somewhere else. They are huge.

They come from various nurseries throughout the south. In this case, I believe they might be getting that particular cedrus tree from upper southern nurseries like Georgia.

I have heard that Disney has been known to pluck large oaks from its own property... otherwise the fancy stuff usually comes from nurseries in south Florida.

They come from various nurseries throughout the south. In this case, I believe they might be getting that particular cedrus tree from upper southern nurseries like Georgia.

I have heard that Disney has been known to pluck large oaks from its own property... otherwise the fancy stuff usually comes from nurseries in south Florida.
Thanks for the info. Any idea how much 1 pine of that size should cost?
I just did my garden (in The Netherlands) and 1 tree (that is a 2.80 meter high stick with some branches on it) costed me already 250 euro (excl labor).

I just did my garden (in The Netherlands) and 1 tree (that is a 2.80 meter high stick with some branches on it) costed me already 250 euro (excl labor).
A developed tree can often be between $1,000 and $2,000.

Reactions: truejonas and tielo
That is going to be one hell of a planting budget!
Yea, IDK there's could be even more expensive. But nice hotels often pay this much (plus labor) to replace a tree destroyed by a storm so it matches other trees that survived. And for a fun fact, Universal went around buying trees bent over by storms to get the wacky look for Seuss Landing.

Are you talking about the really tall trees they planted near Hagrid’s barn? If so, those may have come from a nursery but I doubt it. They were probably taken from wild stands somewhere in central Florida. The whole ordeal of transplanting a large pine is time consuming and therefore quite pricey. I have no idea what a bulk purchase for those would be.

Reactions: tielo
Didn't go into the Hogwarts Express queue to get pictures because it was ~45 minutes the whole time I was there, but here's what I could see from the path

I guess all the mossy look is because of the close proximity to the water, which would intensify the moss growth on the buildings. It will be really cool zooming all around that water being so low to the ground. Wonder if there will be any spray effects as we zip across the water?

I guess all the mossy look is because of the close proximity to the water, which would intensify the moss growth on the buildings. It will be really cool zooming all around that water being so low to the ground. Wonder if there will be any spray effects as we zip across the water?
It's Universal. You will get sprayed with water at some point. It's a requirement.

There is a "magical transition" from winter to spring in Hogsmede...I remember Theirry Coup talking about it at some point...I guess they made the choice because Hogsmede is normally shown in the snow and Hogwarts is mostly seen in spring

As for the Abbey, I suppose it's at the transition line

And also they don't have to make a ton of flocked trees haha

There is a "magical transition" from winter to spring in Hogsmede...I remember Theirry Coup talking about it at some point...I guess they made the choice because Hogsmede is normally shown in the snow and Hogwarts is mostly seen in spring

As for the Abbey, I suppose it's at the transition line

And also they don't have to make a ton of flocked trees haha
Covering the roofs in “snow” probably saved a good amount of money too considering they didn't have to detail actual roofs ;)

Reactions: truejonas and Clive
Status
Not open for further replies.