Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TRON Lightcycle Run

0D6CA212-1C31-49AD-8DC1-D6B6EA478C9E.jpeg
Upon closer inspection I figured out that the concrete walls that are going up is actually a culvert to divert the channel of water around the back of TRON (blue line). Once completed they can then fill in the channel that runs behind Space Mountain and the Speedway (red line). Once done they can connect the plots and start construction on the actual ride and show building. This is purely an educated guess and I could be wrong.

Credit to Bio for the picture

Last edited:
View attachment 8185
Upon closer inspection I figured out that the concrete walls that are going up is actually a culvert to divert the channel of water around the back of TRON (blue line). Once completed they can then fill in the channel that runs behind Space Mountain and the Speedway (red line). Once done they can connect the plots and start construction on the actual ride and show building. This is purely an educated guess and I could be wrong.

Credit to Bio for the picture
You are correct. The work they've done so far has strictly been drainage work for the site prep.

The Railroad reopens summer 2019
I’ve heard that that date is getting pushed back to early 2020-ish. We’ll see though. They have a crap ton of work to do for it to be opening in the summer.

Also remember, The Liberty Belle was supposed to open in the Summer of this year. It only opened a week and a half ago.

I’ve heard that that date is getting pushed back to early 2020-ish. We’ll see though. They have a crap ton of work to do for it to be opening in the summer.

Also remember, The Liberty Belle was supposed to open in the Summer of this year. It only opened a week and a half ago.
Interesting that it’s getting pushed back like that, I wonder what issues they ran into that pushed it back? Will this affect the timeline of the attraction itself?

As far as the Liberty Belle they bit off a more than they could chew didn’t they. Seemed to be quite an extensive repair that was needed.

The Railroad reopens summer 2019
I'm hearing summer 2020 at the earliest. I know that the raceway is closing and has a tentative re-open date in less than a year, but the Railroad is an open ended downtime right now and most people with knowledge of the project are saying two years.