Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 415 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just internal/insider chatter that's generating all this talk about the ride being behind schedule? Because from the outside it looks pretty okay... Granted I haven't been following this one too closely, but they've already got a vehicle on the track, so the test and adjust process has clearly already started. Is 6+ months of testing not adequate for something like this?

You don’t have to follow any of these closely to know everyone will say everything is running behind schedule.
In fact, I can’t think of a single ride in the past 10 years from disney or Universal where someone hasn’t suggested it’s running behind schedule at some point.
Yet 95% of them come out right on time.

Spoiler alert: whatever the next attraction that gets built will be “behind schedule” at some point also.

You don’t have to follow any of these closely to know everyone will say everything is running behind schedule.
In fact, I can’t think of a single ride in the past 10 years from disney or Universal where someone hasn’t suggested it’s running behind schedule at some point.

Spoiler alert: whatever the next attraction that gets built will be “behind schedule” at some point also.
Basically. "Behind schedule" in a lot of instances means people are working overtime, or they're getting more people on the job. It rarely affects opening timelines. They have a schedule and missing that schedule has a far larger impact than just delaying a ride opening. There's a domino effect. At this point, it's all but guaranteed they've set the opening day, but I don't know what it is.

I haven’t heard any updates in awhile. The behind schedule stuff was a few months ago. Hopefully things are back on track now.

Remember though, while one person says they heard May, Theme Park University is reporting Fall. Maybe the actual date ends up being somewhere in between?

I’m sure part of the reason they haven’t released an opening date/season yet, is that they want to be sure they can hit it before they lock it in.

Fingers crossed for May.

Fingers crossed as well. I'm bringing two friends down in May (one being a first timer) who I would like to experience this. I can always hit it when I'm there for HHN, but earlier is better in my book.

Basically. "Behind schedule" in a lot of instances means people are working overtime, or they're getting more people on the job. It rarely affects opening timelines. They have a schedule and missing that schedule has a far larger impact than just delaying a ride opening. There's a domino effect. At this point, it's all but guaranteed they've set the opening day, but I don't know what it is.

This. I'm no insider, but I am working on project management as part of my schooling, so I have a fair idea of how much prep work goes into this stuff. They most likely have responses ready for just about anything.

Also delays end up being small overall. Diagon was for June, not July. SDMT was supposed to be easily spring not late.

Honestly, I've been more under the guessing that they want to try to get Mid-Late June/Early July as the most reasonable timeframe for opening it.

That's not to say, it couldn't possibly soft open by Memorial Day..but I don't see it opening in Late May as it stands now.

Reactions: truejonas
If UUOP is correct (big if) it depends on where their info is from. Could be they heard from people they’re planning the media event around then, could be from advertising and marketing that is when it’ll open and to created ad material for that date (could still change), could be from those working on installation that’s the drop dead date. Etc.

Reactions: natespf and Mad Dog
If UUOP is correct (big if) it depends on where their info is from. Could be they heard from people they’re planning the media event around then, could be from advertising and marketing that is when it’ll open and to created ad material for that date (could still change), could be from those working on installation that’s the drop dead date. Etc.

UUOP?

Reactions: therock
tl;dr

If you want to plan a trip around this ride aim for August and September. Ride won’t be brand new but you’ll likely be guaranteed to ride and the crowds will be lighter then.

If you plan late May/June it’s likely it’ll be open but nothing is guaranteed till it comes from UOR. I’d book a hotel now if you want to be first, you can always cancel a reservation a week out.

tl;dr

If you want to plan a trip around this ride aim for August and September. Ride won’t be brand new but you’ll likely be guaranteed to ride and the crowds will be lighter then.

If you plan late May/June it’s likely it’ll be open but nothing is guaranteed till it comes from UOR. I’d book a hotel now if you want to be first, you can always cancel a reservation a week out.
Right, I'm thinking early December to let the dust settle. Not going to get my hopes up for a ride before then. Great time to visit!

Right, I'm thinking early December to let the dust settle. Not going to get my hopes up for a ride before then. Great time to visit!
early December...my new favorite time to visit. Manageable crowds and memorable Christmas events. There was so much Christmas stuff to do, we didn't even ride all that much. I will definitely go at that time of year again, in a few years.

Reactions: tielo and mainejeff

Early-mid September has been decent as well, what with all of the kids back in school and not all of the HHN crowds out yet. But I see your call, and raise you a January/February visit. All hail the Secret Season!

:rimshot:

Status
Not open for further replies.