Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 424 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say this is my biggest fear with anything new at Universal. I always feel like the crowds are decent and bearable whenever I go. Same trip, Disney is completely nuts. To be fair, MK is always nuts.

I doubt it would happen, but having that glorious queue smell in two attractions? Heaven.

I can't imagine anything but. If it's going to be more of the omnimover setup Alicia had been suggesting, I don't know how they'd quickly get people seated if they have to maneuver bike parts. Someone like me could jump on, someone like my father would take two minutes and numerous complaints about his knees.

They are regular seats like at any other coaster.

Reactions: truejonas
Didnt post on social media, but it is on their website-ish (maybe UK only).

See What's New

Doing a reverse image search, it's shown up on the US website but it's not visible. It's odd.

Edit:

Digging a little deeper. This is the official synopsis on Florida Package Holidays 2019 & 2020 | Ocean Florida which is the website listed at the end of UK Universal advert currently running:

A Magical New Adventure is Coming in 2019.
For the first time ever, fly far beyond the grounds of Hogwarts™ castle on a thrilling roller coaster ride that plunges into the paths of some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures. Universal’s most highly themed coaster takes off in 2019.

Notice the word fly.

latest

Last edited:
Seeing them here they look like the recycled rubber ones I have seen used elsewhere. If it is those they come with a 50 year warranty and expected 100 year life. Those are designed for the long view.
Yea, rubber was my first thought seeing it.

Reactions: Ryno27
Regarding Universal being quiet about announcing details and hyping up new rides like the Harry Potter coaster in advance. Yesterday I watched the Dis. They work very close with Disney and they have a great feel about the resort and a solid explanation about why Disney sees a soft summer from 2016 on.

Reactions: Nick and Ryno27
well at the time it was amazing. Obviously it's had a lot of competition since. That's one thing UOR definitely does right. Even Fast and Furious had a decent one.

I think FJ is still my favorite.

I don't normally rank queues but I probably would have gone with Gringotts over FJ. I love Hogwarts but going through the bank and then "descending" into the bowels of Gringotts was really fun. My only complaint was the forced picture taking but I can get by with it.

Flight of Passage would love to have a word with you.

I want to experience that queue but not for three hours. Thus, I used FP and only got to see a lovely concrete bunker.

I wonder if the castle we are entering is the territory the centaurs own. I'm pretty sure it's mentioned they have their own land and they guard it in the forest. So we could have Hagrid, Firenze, maybe even Luna.

Reactions: Ryno27
It's not forced but part of the experience. You can decline and pass it by.

I hit the single rider line so often I forget there's a picture spot (I tend to travel with roller coaster and/or motion simulator wimps). I get why they do it, but it always pulls me out of the immersion a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.