Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg where is Biooooooo. We need an update stat. :'(
Most likely busy with the RunDisney marathon weekend (Thursday - Sunday) unfortunately, we need more aerial pics.

As far as the shingles on the hut go, I would actually venture a guess and say they are slate (rock) shingles, very durable and last for over 100 years.

Most likely busy with the RunDisney marathon weekend (Thursday - Sunday) unfortunately, we need more aerial pics.

As far as the shingles on the hut go, I would actually venture a guess and say they are slate (rock) shingles, very durable and last for over 100 years.
They are simulated slate in recycled rubber, almost as long of life but much easier to install.
Enviroslate® - Composite Slate Roofing - Enviroshake
rubber.jpg

Nice rock work. With Kong, Mythos, Poseidon's Fury, Hogwarts & now this, IOA has some pretty impressive rock oriented edifices.

It really is and it looks authentic as hell. The large photo above has me all kinds of confused because it reminds me of a few areas near me that have existed for so long that I can't wrap my head around that this is brand new.

Still plenty of wrap on the track so I'm assuming that a self powered test hasn't happened yet.

It really is and it looks authentic as hell. The large photo above has me all kinds of confused because it reminds me of a few areas near me that have existed for so long that I can't wrap my head around that this is brand new.

Still plenty of wrap on the track so I'm assuming that a self powered test hasn't happened yet.
perhaps they scouted or googled your area for the effect, considering it's Scotland.

Omg where is Biooooooo. We need an update stat. :'(

Here, have some Bio.

Some great angles here:

Hat's off to @RollermanDan for the coverage. Honestly, my favorite shot, is the big one:

49199557_2267363193509286_8185078626648064000_o.jpg

And why I love it, is so simple, you can tell from the supports that they are wanting to make it look like it's there for purpose. Even if it's being left exposed, they're adding rusting and moss.

Not to mention, that rockwork looks amazing, and imagining what it'll be like in the caves during night, may be something else.

So, so, so excited of what's in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.