Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course Universal is going to pretend that nothing is happening until two weeks before this attraction opens with the obvious visible track appearing above the park guests.

My guess is that River adventure won’t get a retheme until this coaster is open and complete. Also, I’m guessing if the JW retheme in Hollywood is successful they might start retheming the JP area even quicker.

I’m going to be dying over here until concept art comes out. They have the opportunity to really expand the area and make it not just a large pathway to attractions. The ins and outs and “hidden” areas are always my favorite, and IoA has many. Here’s hoping they keep that going.

Because of all the new rides at USO and WDW, I think we are going to wait until November 2021 to go back to Orlando and do another 2-week theme park marathon. I don't want to take any chances on missing this coaster!

If you go then, the new UOR Park will Be well under construction (most likely).
There’s always something upcoming, that’s part of the game.

I just hope this new coaster doesn't ruin the majestic landscape like Japan's JP coaster did. Blahhhh. That thing is an eye sore and covers up their discovery center. It's just shoehorned in there. Hopefully Universal learned a lesson from that. They better not get rid of the lush jungle feel either. JP has always gotten the short end of the stick. First Potter messed up the sight lines, then Kong was crammed into JP's space.

This just looks horrible and doesn't have a JP vibe at all:
flyingdinosaur1.jpg

Screen-shot-2015-11-28-at-12-47-41-PM.png

Last edited:
I just hope this new coaster doesn't ruin the majestic landscape like Japan's JP coaster did. Blahhhh. That thing is an eye sore and covers up their discovery center. It's just shoehorned in there. Hopefully Universal learned a lesson from that. They better not get rid of the lush jungle feel either. JP has always gotten the short end of the stick. First Potter messed up the sight lines, then Kong was crammed into JP's space.

Hope they learned their lesson? From one of the company's most popular attractions and one of the most popular attractions in said park? I sure hope they did too! :lmao:

Hope they learned their lesson? From one of the company's most popular attractions and one of the most popular attractions in said park? I sure hope they did too! :lmao:
It's a cool ride but it doesn't have a JP vibe. And there's no jungle. JP is supposed to be in the jungle. It's a HUGE eyesore. At least theme it better or hide it. Make it flow more naturally to the JP setting/lore.

This needs a show scene and an epic queue to make me think this is anything but a wasted opportunity. Dinos are cool...use the property Universal. A generic coaster is a poor response to a Tron and Guardians (assuming 2021 opening for those). I’ll be confused if Universal make the effort for Potter but not for their own biggest property...I hope they’ve considered this more than their decisions over the past half decade. I’m concerned.

This needs a show scene and an epic queue to make me think this is anything but a wasted opportunity. Dinos are cool...use the property Universal. A generic coaster is a poor response to a Tron and Guardians (assuming 2021 opening for those). I’ll be confused if Universal make the effort for Potter but not for their own biggest property...I hope they’ve considered this more than their decisions over the past half decade. I’m concerned.

SPOT ON. Otherwise it's just a generic coaster placed inside of JP. Reminds me of late 2000's Universal when they would throw in generic/lightly themed rides...looking at you Rip Ride Rockit.

Status
Not open for further replies.