Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was amused at the number of suits, pant and male, that were in the area. From TL to potterland they were in the buildings, paths, when I walked the walls along the way. Never in a way that showed concern with my being there but they were all over the place. Pairs, packs, the place was fully populated.

I was in the park last week. It was either Wednesday or Thursday while we were queued up for FJ, there were a bunch of suit/management types walking through Jurassic Park surveying stuff. They seemed pretty interested in the foliage.

Ha, I figured it was something along those lines! Thanks for explaining!
This is probably the friendliest of theme park forums. We're kind of like a family here. We try to keep it light and not get too hardcore, or meanness, serious. Every now and then there might be a slight out of line argument, but they're few and far between...................Anyway, welcome to posting on the forum. Good to hear from you. :thumbsup::toast:

This is probably the friendliest of theme park forums. We're kind of like a family here. We try to keep it light and not get too hardcore, or meanness, serious. Every now and then there might be a slight out of line argument, but they're few and far between...................Anyway, welcome to posting on the forum. Good to hear from you. :thumbsup::toast:

Thanks! I used to frequent Disney forums awhile ago, but I saw the light and have been won over by Universal as of late. It's nice to have a forum to keep up with everything coming up, because it's a great time to be a Universal fan! Looking forward to all the news, rumors, and complaints about Supercharged!

Thanks! I used to frequent Disney forums awhile ago, but I saw the light and have been won over by Universal as of late. It's nice to have a forum to keep up with everything coming up, because it's a great time to be a Universal fan! Looking forward to all the news, rumors, and complaints about Supercharged!
:lol:....Most of the F&F stuff has run it's course, and yes the comments are mostly brutal. There's two threads for F&F, but like most new stuff, once it's been opened for a few months there's not much more discussion. But it's worth reading to get some laughs.

I want all of the plants and trees they are going to tear up....

Next week, in Williams of Hollywood, we give you PLANTS, at $200 a pot. :lmao:

I agree. The existence of Kong in JP pisses me off to no end, and I have made my opinion known here a few times on seeing the castle from the River Adventure.
Given these two things, it's clearly time to change the dynamic of that half of the park.

That said, Uni would have to be crazy to rip the landscape out completely. It's one of the best examples of horticulture in the industry, IMO.

USH is encasing their JP ride, presumably for sight lines. When JPRA is finally up for a total refurb, maybe it'll get the same treatment?

I was in the park last week. It was either Wednesday or Thursday while we were queued up for FJ, there were a bunch of suit/management types walking through Jurassic Park surveying stuff. They seemed pretty interested in the foliage.

For some reason, that last sentence makes me imagine all of these guys in suits getting on their hands and knees and playing with the fauna. And it is highly amusing.

Our River Adventure doesn't have sight line problems though.

They need to paint a JP logo or something on the backside of the HPFJ show building, then it wouldn't stand out so bad.
Or sculpt a mountainside facade on it - it would be a huge small change that would really add to the feel of the land.

ACTUAL Dinos?

Wow, I didn't realize our science had advanced that far!!

Our River Adventure doesn't have sight line problems though.

They need to paint a JP logo or something on the backside of the HPFJ show building, then it wouldn't stand out so bad.

Or do some rockwork. We know how UO loves rockwork. At that distance, it wouldn't even need to be super detailed.

So, with walls popping up and work likely to begin - how long til Universal confirms that at least something is coming?

I still wish they would do something like this:

0NyOgmt.png

I love it. Not sure if there’s enough room to make a Napali Coast-like mountain in there, but that’d be incredible. The first Universal mountain coaster. But unlike Disney’s, it’s intense as hell and with inversions.

I love it. Not sure if there’s enough room to make a Napali Coast-like mountain in there, but that’d be incredible. The first Universal mountain coaster. But unlike Disney’s, it’s intense as hell and with inversions.

Depending on how a mountain like that is built, lots of room for exciting maneuvering...

Status
Not open for further replies.