Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont know why everytime i see this land it looks soo small? The colored maps make it look much bigger.
Optical illusion. In the post above yours it may look like 1 football field between the power sub-station and water treatment plant but it's more like 11 football fields.

I just dont know why everytime i see this land it looks soo small? The colored maps make it look much bigger.
A few reasons:
1) Much of what Universal owns is wetlands that they will never be able to build on. All of the reddish/brownish tree area above the treatment plant in the picture is actually owned by Universal, but they can't do anything with it.
2) They have lots of separated parcels which give the impression of being more than they really are when put on colored maps, and are also way outside the frame of view here.
3) Even of the 500 or so contiguous build-able acres, only 150-200 are actually visible in this photo. This is the area where park 3 is going, but there is also another 150 acres off the left side (backstage and hotel) of the photo and about 200 to the right (parking and future park).
4) Photographs compress distance, making things seem closer together than they really are.

Optical illusion. In the post above yours it may look like 1 football field between the power sub-station and water treatment plant but it's more like 11 football fields.
Daammn 11?? Wow that's an illusion if i aint never seen one!

Is it just me, or does the cleared land area seem much larger in this picture? Are they moving that fast?

200.gif

Reactions: EddieB
Are you sure Unicersal Orlando has the space to land another fifth theme park once the fourth park is done once their done expanding with new hotels, a future Citywalk, restaurants, and a fourth gate? Are you sure theirs room for another theme park? Currently universal new property has 475 acres. When all of this expansion is done for the fourth gate and other Universal Orlando hotels,Citywalk,etc that amount of 475 acres will decrease by a lot I would think and it wouldn’t have room for a fifth gate I mean like 2 or 3 decades from now. Wouldn’t Uni have to build more land if they were even going to consider at all a fifth gate?

And in of that itself, is a question that could theoretically change in the decade.

It doesn't need to be discussed now, especially as we are nearing a stage to where the tide of progress is nearly there; for infrastructure to presumably begin sometime this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas
Yes, there is enough land but not even Universal knows for sure whats going to happen that far off. This thread is more for down to earth talk about the immediate future for the south campus.

Are you sure Unicersal Orlando has the space to land another fifth theme park once the fourth park is done once their done expanding with new hotels, a future Citywalk, restaurants, and a fourth gate? Are you sure theirs room for another theme park? Currently universal new property has 475 acres. When all of this expansion is done for the fourth gate and other Universal Orlando hotels,Citywalk,etc that amount of 475 acres will decrease by a lot I would think and it wouldn’t have room for a fifth gate I mean like 2 or 3 decades from now. Wouldn’t Uni have to build more land if they were even going to consider at all a fifth gate?
The current long term plan for the south property is for 2 theme parks, 1 water park, CityWalk 2.0, and 6 resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.