Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how long those walls are probably going to be there, I hope they theme them a little more. Not anything crazy, just instead of bare black walls we could get the JP equivalent of this:
IMG_1636.jpg

Or maybe even just some posters or something, sort of like this:
00866.MTS_.Still029.jpg

I was just thinking were they gonna put up any advertisements on the walls for this. They probably think they're giving away too much knowing them, as of late.

If the land and river adventure do get the JW retheme will it happen during or after the new coaster is built? Any educated guesses anyone?

So I think it’s safe to say that JP will become JW. Which I’m not against by any means. But, there are rumors that FW will get a monster section with JW. Why is this such a bad thing? We already have two parks with Harry Potter. Why can’t JW have representation in two different parks? I think the franchise is deserving of it. More dinos is never a bad thing in my opinion.

So I think it’s safe to say that JP will become JW. Which I’m not against by any means. But, there are rumors that FW will get a monster section with JW. Why is this such a bad thing? We already have two parks with Harry Potter. Why can’t JW have representation in two different parks? I think the franchise is deserving of it. More dinos is never a bad thing in my opinion.

I personally hope that they let JW have its moment in the new park, and leave our JP as it is (well, give us a coaster, but leave the theming). I think the switch to JW is inevitable, but I am still crossing my fingers.

"That's right boys, we need taller trees!"

Time to start our “Inside Universal Official TREEZ! Thread”

Skull Island didn't get themed walls until the last few months. This may be a situation like that. I expect some generic IOA adverts to go up on the walls or something for the first year or so. They might not have gotten to that yet is all.

I think, if Universal has one iota of brain cells, that this one will be different.
It goes without saying, that even without the new HP coaster, Universal will get a decent attendance boost from the Star Wars bleed over. One would think they would want to be able to show off their new HP coaster, which will likely be the best coaster in the World, and market their upcoming JP coaster and JW refresh at the same time for guests to say “We need to book a trip back here for the new Jurassic World land and rides”.
If they don’t, their marketing is dumber than I thought.

I think, if Universal has one iota of brain cells, that this one will be different.
It goes without saying, that even without the new HP coaster, Universal will get a decent attendance boost from the Star Wars bleed over. One would think they would want to be able to show off their new HP coaster, which will likely be the best coaster in the World, and market their upcoming JP coaster and JW refresh at the same time for guests to say “We need to book a trip back here for the new Jurassic World land and rides”.
If they don’t, their marketing is dumber than I thought.

This is the only reason I'd say they should do a preview center for Park 3 as well.

I've always been of the opinion that SWL will end up bringing a good amount of people to UOR for Potter. There's plenty of bleed over in fandoms, and people who maybe have held off on seeing WWOHP until now. Showing a new park and the new rides coming to it off would do more than any marketing campaign.

It's not going to happen, but it should.

Where is this at? I don't recall any steps by the games. There are some on that path to the old dock on the side of the Discovery Center, and in front of the Discovery Center going down to the lagoon, but putting a Kiosk there wouldn't make sense if that bridge is going away.

edit: or is this for the "temporary" Raptor Encounter move?

Answering my own question:

Probably this behind where the games were, for the new spot for Raptor Encounter.

Google Maps

View attachment 8687

This new coaster is going to change the feel of the whole area, there's that big ride "Dead zone" between Discovery center and River Adventure that will actually have something going on now.
I enjoyed that dead zone. I'll be sad to see it go.

God I hope if they convert it to Jworld they at least put in animal ‘exhibits’ along the path. They could cut the land in half for all I care, so long as they vastly improve the immersive theming in that area. At least the roller coaster guarantees the lands longevity and the hope for a truly epic JP/JW dark ride one day.

I enjoyed that dead zone. I'll be sad to see it go.

Disagree strongly. Most of Lost Continent is now a dead zone especially with Sinbad closed. The walk between Toon Lagoon and Marvel is also an embarrassing dead zone (except for the games). The waterfront areas by Mythos, Suess, Marvel and especially Toon Lagoon are still very quiet if you need a place to escape. I think it's one of IOA's biggest problems, personally. Especially having TWO unused perfectly good theaters now.

Status
Not open for further replies.