Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 488 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I'm sorry, anyone who advocates for "dead zones" in a park is wrong. I don't come to parks to hang out were other people aren't. I come to ride rides.

Nobody is truly advocating for wasted space. But the "dead zone" in question in JP does really sell that we're supposed to be on a dense, isolated jungle island. Losing that is just one more in a string of thematic compromises and encroachments that have been made to JP (losing the entry gates on the Kong side, Hogwards towering over the other side of the land).

That's not a justification for saying don't put anything in that spot, but it's fair to lament that the wild jungle aesthetic will be chipped-away a bit. It's possible to have ambivalent, contradictory, paradoxical feelings about various things.

Some speakers and rustling trees would make a huge difference.
That would be a really cool idea, especially if a launch was at about the same time, and we were a raptor or they raptors were coming for us thru the high grass area. Now since there will be inversions, I wonder if they will make a first of its kind or a unique inversion for the coaster, like Maverick's Horseshoe inversions. I was excited about the unannounced HP coaster, but I am getting excited with what they could do with this, especially for the thrill seeker and coaster lovers.
I know I seen where the Raptor Encounter will be moved for a temporary location, and a lot of people dont care for the games in JP, but are the games gonna be completely gone or moved somewhere in the location? My nephew loves the games and he really enjoyed the win a prize every time game. Besides I think that is the only place we could find his Dilophosorous dino was at that game or one of them.

So here’s something I don’t really see people talking about.

The name? What kind of name will Universal give this attraction? Raptor Escape? Clever Girl? Blue’s Big Chase?

LOL

Reactions: Ryno27 and JoshO
That would be a really cool idea, especially if a launch was at about the same time, and we were a raptor or they raptors were coming for us thru the high grass area. Now since there will be inversions, I wonder if they will make a first of its kind or a unique inversion for the coaster, like Maverick's Horseshoe inversions. I was excited about the unannounced HP coaster, but I am getting excited with what they could do with this, especially for the thrill seeker and coaster lovers.
I know I seen where the Raptor Encounter will be moved for a temporary location, and a lot of people dont care for the games in JP, but are the games gonna be completely gone or moved somewhere in the location? My nephew loves the games and he really enjoyed the win a prize every time game. Besides I think that is the only place we could find his Dilophosorous dino was at that game or one of them.

They have the Hulk having an orgasm when it launches so the iconic raptor squeal during launch that resonates through the land would be great.

Please no loud screeching >:O

Still can't get "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow" out of my head after hearing it about 5,000 times at an event in Tomorrow Land like 20 years ago. The Hulk orgasm is so loud even outside of the park, it can get quite annoying if you're doing something else. :thud:

Thematic noises can add to the experience I just hate the same thing on a loop played over and over and over and blasted so loud it can't be ignored. :enrage:

Yea, I'm sorry, anyone who advocates for "dead zones" in a park is wrong. I don't come to parks to hang out were other people aren't. I come to ride rides.
I've ridden those rides so many times. At this point I go to the parks to escape every day life and just enjoy the worlds that Universal has built. If I don't get to ride a single ride oh well. It feels as if I'm really in these places and not just in a park. These "dead zones" are very beautiful and placed on purpose. Especially in Jurassic Park. It' gives it the island vibe. If you want rides crammed on top of each other without any dead zones try an amusement park like Six Flags. What makes theme parks great is the scenery and the space they put between rides. Now, the unused theaters are a different story. The dead zone between Marvel and TL makes no sense and doesn't play into the feel of the island. There's a difference.

Last edited:
I've ridden those rides so many times. At this point I go to the parks to escape every day life and just enjoy the worlds that Universal has built. If I don't get to ride a single ride oh well. It feels as if I'm really in these places and not just in a park. These "dead zones" are very beautiful and placed on purpose. Especially in Jurassic Park. It' gives it the island vibe. If you want rides crammed on top of each other without any dead zones try an amusement park like Six Flags. What makes theme parks great is the scenery and the space they put between rides. Now, the unused theaters are a different story. The dead zone between Marvel and TL makes no sense and doesn't play into the feel of the island. There's a difference.
Well, well put. Many different experiences available for everyone. I went for 7 hours the other day and only "rode" MiB and the HE while I was there. Had a great time even in the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.