Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I doubt anyone would be able to get a FP- until 2021, when next true major ride will open. Unless you stay at a WDW hotel, don't count on FP- (Hotel guest get 100% of FP- availability one month in advance and the rest of the guests get the bread crumbs a week in advance) but hey, Frozen Ever After just started to have some availability for the least important guests, if you're into that.

WDW resort guests get 60 days in advance and outside of that gets 30 days.

Between the two rides I am definitely looking forward to HP more than this one, BUT! between MF:SR and RotR... definitely looking forward to this one, simply because it will take you on a long adventure. The MF:SR scares me with the "interactive part of it". If it is at the same level of interaction as M:S then I am cool with it because no matter what you will always experience the ride as it was meant to be, but if it is as interactive as they are painting it, then I would worry, because the last thing I want to experience is standing in line for 120+ minutes and end up with a 7 y/o on the pilot seat. So I am just praying it is a marketing trick like they did with TT2.0 "design your car and then ride it". I think if I look at it realistically, I should probably be more excited about the cantina, because after looking at those wait times, that's where I probably end up all the times. :toast:

WDW resort guests get 60 days in advance and outside of that gets 30 days.

Not for me... but didn't know about the 60 days... That's worse lol. Thanks for info.

It really bothers me when people discuss Disney's use of trackless rides and say that they'll be like Sea World's, as if Disney is just now using that same system.....when Disney came out with it YEARS before Sea World in Tokyo and later in Paris and Hong Kong and is probably a better ride system than what Sea World uses (Admittedly I haven't been on that Antarctica ride yet, but I have been on the trackless rides in Tokyo)

Who would've thought I was so popular?

tenor.gif

This is going to be fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas
It really bothers me when people discuss Disney's use of trackless rides and say that they'll be like Sea World's, as if Disney is just now using that same system.....when Disney came out with it YEARS before Sea World in Tokyo and later in Paris and Hong Kong and is probably a better ride system than what Sea World uses (Admittedly I haven't been on that Antarctica ride yet, but I have been on the trackless rides in Tokyo)

I get what you are saying but I think it gets compared with SWOs Antartica because the ride vehicle does not look like it will lift from it's base (Spiderman/Transformers) but rather limited motion on the base, like Antartica and other Disney trackless ride.

Last edited:
I've been told the elevators are "high speed", but that's probably just a description of how quickly they can move between floors rather than any thrill element. I doubt that the down elevator contributes to a free fall sensation though this is one of the motion base scenes. The first elevator will have a full view of the AT-AT scene as you move up to the second floor. It won't have a motion base. I think it may startle some how quickly it will move up though.

Last edited:
Reactions: therock and Ryno27
Ah....I knew that was too good to be true. Consider my hype downgraded a bit. Considering the scenario you are supposed to be in, I would expect quite the thrilling experience. If it's not, then its a missed opportunity.

This was just one more piece of the crazy hype, like the multiple ride vehicle types. Like the "character will interact with you based on your performance on SR".

This was just one more piece of the crazy hype, like the multiple ride vehicle types. Like the "character will interact with you based on your performance on SR".

Okay. Humour me... are you going to go visit when it opens to form your opinion honestly, or are you just going to not visit and continue with your agenda?

I was told the "drop" is a quick ride down. Not a free fall.

Tot isn't a free fall either though.

ToT is actually FASTER than a free fall for small portion
Okay. Humour me... are you going to go visit when it opens to form your opinion honestly, or are you just going to not visit and continue with your agenda?

I'm just stating some of the "facts" posted on here have already been debunked.

You leave one ride vehicle and board another.
There are 3 RVs.
There is a drop
There are 100 AAs (true, but it seems the vast majority aren't really in the "ride". People say Gringotts has no AAs. That's completely untrue then, since there are like 12 high end ones in the "queue experience".)
Smugglers Run will be highly interactive- Disney has already backed off on this one. I called it months ago, because there is no way they are going to have people wait 4 hours for their ride to be ruined by a hyperactive 5 year old in the pilot seat.

So many of these just seemed ridiculous from the start.

I don't know when I'll go. I'm thinking hitting DL in the fall, since they don't have FP+, and APs will likely be blacked out.

And in my opInion, anyone who gets off Flight of Passage and cries (as many said they did) are not going to give a realistic opinion of SWGE. FoP is perhaps the most overhyped ride ever. It's pointless, nothing but a movie you watch on a motion base. I would never wait more than 30 minutes or so for it. I hope and pray to the Maker that RotR doesn't end up in that same category. I don't think it will, but the FoP hype and initial reviews are all still pretty fresh.

ToT is actually FASTER than a free fall for small portion

I'm just stating some of the "facts" posted on here have already been debunked.

You leave one ride vehicle and board another.
There are 3 RVs.
There is a drop
There are 100 AAs (true, but it seems the vast majority aren't really in the "ride". People say Gringotts has no AAs. That's completely untrue then, since there are like 12 high end ones in the "queue experience".)
Smugglers Run will be highly interactive- Disney has already backed off on this one. I called it months ago, because there is no way they are going to have people wait 4 hours for their ride to be ruined by a hyperactive 5 year old in the pilot seat.

So many of these just seemed ridiculous from the start.

I don't know when I'll go. I'm thinking hitting DL in the fall, since they don't have FP+, and APs will likely be blacked out.

And in my opInion, anyone who gets off Flight of Passage and cries (as many said they did) are not going to give a realistic opinion of SWGE. FoP is perhaps the most overhyped ride ever. It's pointless, nothing but a movie you watch on a motion base. I would never wait more than 30 minutes or so for it. I hope and pray to the Maker that RotR doesn't end up in that same category. I don't think it will, but the FoP hype and initial reviews are all still pretty fresh.

This happens for a lot of theme park rides. Don’t get me started on all the pre release Kong and Gringotts rumors that didn’t come true. You obviously have a strong opinion that this land won’t ge successful or be over rated like Pandora. Your opinion hasn’t reduced wait times of Flight of Passage.

There are 3 RVs.
That was never rumored. I said 3-4 ride SYSTEMS in the whole experience, depending on if you count the big pre-show system.
There is a drop
This is something I personally hadn't heard. At the very least, there will be a simulated drop.
Oh, I wouldn't make the claim that the "vast majority" aren't part of the ride bud. The Attractions magazine article didn't get all their AA details correct.
You keep making this claim and I keep telling you it's not true. How have they backed off? Don't worry about the 5 year olds. 2 seats have less power over the experience.

You seem to doubt WDI's ability to create a groundbreaking experience. I encourage you to watch this presentation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27