Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 498 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure the interior renovation is a no-brainer. I am just curious if anything would be done to the exterior.

I don’t think JP would ever really work as a dark ride with the little room they have.

I know Kong used the JP expansion pad but that would have been a waste.

Could you comment on direction of travel, pretty please? 0:)

A new, fast, and aggresive coaster in Orlando will be quite refreshing

You'll have three for 2021 (four if you want to include Potter, plus who knows with Sea World). Although this easily sounds like the most aggressive.

54097aef-4f92-4ab4-99a8-f8aa8cb69f9d-jpeg.8697

Looks like scene 1 starts around that orange square. With first launch heading to the left along that straight section.

There won’t be another ride added to JP/W after this coaster
Do you really believe that if Jurassic continues to dominate the box office and grow as a brand that they won't find a way to expand Jurassic presence in Orlando? It's arguably Universals largest IP with worldwide appeal across all age groups, and a plethora of content perfect for these types of parks.

It just seems logical that there must be some contingency plan there.

Reactions: Mike S
Do you really believe that if Jurassic continues to dominate the box office and grow as a brand that they won't find a way to expand Jurassic presence in Orlando? It's arguably Universals largest IP with worldwide appeal across all age groups, and a plethora of content perfect for these types of parks.

As a few (like Skip), after the current changes are done for the land..

Unless they remove Kong (too new) or Potter (won't happen) there is literally no where else in IoA it can fit. The only solution is adding it to another park.

Here's my hunch. Although, looking at again, I think it'll load/unload in the same station.

https://i.imgur.com/lbzsaHm.jpg

Last edited:

That’s why there building the coaster. And it’s a no brainer that River Adventure will get a retheme to JW in the future. That’s basically two new attractions. What else do you want?

Reactions: natespf
Eh, the gyrosphere would work better at another park/resort at this point. If we were to get anything else after this, I would still want the Visitor Center ride starring Mr. DNA. Our very own JP-themed Carousel of Progress.

Reactions: Mike S
So there's more than enough evidence to suggest this is happening. When do we think an official confirmation from Universal will come? They should do a huge press conference where they confirm this, the new park, the Bourne show with opening date, and name and opening date of the Harry Potter rollercoaster all in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.