Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was planning on staying at Aventura for HHN this year, but the more I see of Surfside, the more I want to check it out. Eh, I'll stick with what I know and try it after I've heard some feedback.

I was planning on staying at Aventura for HHN this year, but the more I see of Surfside, the more I want to check it out. Eh, I'll stick with what I know and try it after I've heard some feedback.
I'm probably going to stay there for part of my Fall trip and combine it with a stay at Portofino or Royal Pacific. It will help on the budget, I like the resort feel, and our experience with the buses at CBBR was always good, not like Disney bus service. So I'm sure this service will be good too. So far, I like what I see, and the price is excellent.

Reactions: truejonas
I have to think to the average guest, the marketing of these two hotels under the same Endless Summer name has to be confusing.

I mean, I feel like they're going to their own "All-Stars". The two are basically the same.
I guess the way I see the difference is normally, if Disney mentions All-Star at all, they’ll just say All-Star, not the sub-section of the resort.

Not sure on the practicality of it, but it would be neat if they had at least some of the buses (Endless Summer would be a good test subject) go through security in order to get on, a la the lagoon boats. They'd probably have to set up a separate escalator outside of CityWalk somewhere, but that would be one way to keep the hub a little quieter.

I was just thinking about if they were to beef up the old Celebrity Circle (between USF and HardRock Hotel) to be for property to property transportation... especially for a connection to the south campus for park hopping. IDK what else they would be able to do being landlocked. The current bus hub is a mess and you've got to go pretty much all the way back to the parking garages.

Reactions: truejonas
I was just thinking about if they were to beef up the old Celebrity Circle (between USF and HardRock Hotel) to be for property to property transportation... especially for a connection to the south campus for park hopping. IDK what else they would be able to do being landlocked. The current bus hub is a mess and you've got to go pretty much all the way back to the parking garages.
Celebrity Circle is used mostly for private event drop offs, but besides that not much. The area for private event pickup/droppoff really can't be changed though and it would never be able to work with other buses coming in and out - not only due to room there, but because the point of a private event is that it's, erm, private.

Also, if they were to move buses there, Universal then has to up the security at Celebrity circle, which is currently one metal detector. They also lose out on any potential business from people coming in the current way. No one is stopping at Voodoo or a restaurant for example if the buses are there.

Celebrity Circle is used mostly for private event drop offs, but besides that not much. The area for private event pickup/droppoff really can't be changed though and it would never be able to work with other buses coming in and out - not only due to room there, but because the point of a private event is that it's, erm, private.

Also, if they were to move buses there, Universal then has to up the security at Celebrity circle, which is currently one metal detector. They also lose out on any potential business from people coming in the current way. No one is stopping at Voodoo or a restaurant for example if the buses are there.

Not all buses. The thought was just for the buses that go to other properties. The existing hub can't get any bigger, so the only thing I can see is splitting up it's uses. But there aren't many other spaces to do that. Celebrity wasn't always just for private events. Things change.

That's probably the best aerial render I've seen. I didn't realize how massive Dockside Inn was going to be. It looks like it's almost double the size of Surfside!!
It's actually we OVER double the size - almost triple. Surfside will have 750 rooms whereas Dockside is said to have 2,050 rooms. Dockside is much more comparable in size to CBBR (2,200 rooms) than it's namesake counterpart.

I hope they plan on adding a bridge or a very-lit pedestrian walkway across both hotels. I'm sure there will be lots of guests who will avoid the Dockside/Surfside part of the name and just enter at either one.
Yeah, a bridge between resorts seems like it should be obvious. Of course they’d have to work with the county to get something like that built though.