Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Cheesy how? Price will probably determine what hotel most people will pick.
Universal's selling point is their affordability, pushing guests to longer stays on property based on that is a smart move.

Because they should actually.. I don't know.. sell the fact that it's a hotel worth staying at? And not just that it's $89?

It was actually in reference to this where it's the first thing mentioned.

I got you now, I didn’t even register that as a video but kind of backs up the point I’m about to make. Videos like this need to grab your attention within 3 seconds, we live in a world of click bait headlines and are blasted in the face constantly with content.

Reactions: Mad Dog

They nailed it. Looks identical to the concept art.

Not gonna lie. I wish they would take the theme further. I would welcome some huge surfboards like the All-Stars. Just go all in and make this really gaudy and stand out from the outside.

pools-all-star-sports-resort-01.jpg

Reactions: jrn14 and truejonas

Not gonna lie. I wish they would take the theme further. I would welcome some huge surfboards like the All-Stars. Just go all in and make this really gaudy and stand out from the outside.

After staying at Pop Century last year, I think photos of the value resorts at Disney make everything look a 100x worse than they actually are. I quite liked all the gaudy props. Sitting at reception watching young kids reactions put a smile on my face.

I bet these resorts will start to look a lot better and more welcoming once they get some landscaping and trees in to provide some color other than just the blues and grays of the buildings. I think think trees will be a big help is solidifying the resort feel rather than a prison one.

I bet these resorts will start to look a lot better and more welcoming once they get some landscaping and trees in to provide some color other than just the blues and grays of the buildings. I think think trees will be a big help is solidifying the resort feel rather than a prison one.
I think I know where some mature palms can be found.......

After staying at Pop Century last year, I think photos of the value resorts at Disney make everything look a 100x worse than they actually are. I quite liked all the gaudy props. Sitting at reception watching young kids reactions put a smile on my face.

Absolutely. And they're fun photo ops too. I know people think they're garish but considering the types of hotels these are, I think it makes it fun, especially for kids.

Reactions: jrn14 and therock
Yea, I think the goal with Universal value resorts is to step up the quality. As in look where you could be staying, oh and did we mention it actually costs less...

Reactions: shiekra38
If they can beef up the foliage on this property I think I can live with the mural. But I'll go out on a limb and say that as it stands, it certainly doesn't help mature this section of I Drive one bit lol. Aesthetically I would have swapped Aventura's neutrality with the fun "beachy" theme of this, as its theme is a better neighbor for things like Cabana Bay, Volcano Bay, and Sapphire Falls.

If they can beef up the foliage on this property I think I can live with the mural. But I'll go out on a limb and say that as it stands, it certainly doesn't help mature this section of I Drive one bit lol. Aesthetically I would have swapped Aventura's neutrality with the fun "beachy" theme of this, as its theme is a better neighbor for things like Cabana Bay, Volcano Bay, and Sapphire Falls.
Good point, Aventura would have looked nice here instead...I do think Aventura is where it is because of space problems