Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
USJ is coming back in 2019 bigger and better than ever...

1st off The Universal Night Parade is coming back this spring completely revamped with new elements and announcements of which IPs to be detailed at a later date.
2nd; to make sure guests are adequately entertained Universal is adding roaming entertainment all over the park with the World street festival with entertainment available all day long and changing throughout the year from all over the world. This willl be a way everyone can enjoy the park without worry of lines and queues.

main01.jpg
Love those street entertainment elements. Nice to see a park 'adding' to live entertainment, instead of 'subtracting' live entertainment. Kudos to Universal. :thumbsup:

Reactions: tankart150
Shonen Jump exclusive theme park rights are up for grabs now that J-World is shutting down meaning Universal would no longer be stuck with seasonal attractions. According to Japanese media, it is speculated Universal will scoop up worldwide rights for all the anime and potentially for Japan, China, and Orlando's fourth park.

Honestly, outside of Boruto/Naruto (as that got scooped by others in Japan); I would be shocked if Universal didn't ponder of the thought of permanently converting Space Fantasy to being something based off of the Dragon Ball series.

Especially given the worldwide knowledge, and how it's performing in Japan right now with the recent DB film; it could be a hell of a powerplay to cater to a variety of audiences for the Osaka park.

Plus; combine that in marketing with Mario, the Minions, and Potter..and it could be something that makes USJ seem as the "Celebration of international and domestic entertainment, from across multiple medias".

Honestly, outside of Boruto/Naruto (as that got scooped by others in Japan); I would be shocked if Universal didn't ponder of the thought of permanently converting Space Fantasy to being something based off of the Dragon Ball series.

Especially given the worldwide knowledge, and how it's performing in Japan right now with the recent DB film; it could be a hell of a powerplay to cater to a variety of audiences for the Osaka park.

Plus; combine that in marketing with Mario, the Minions, and Potter..and it could be something that makes USJ seem as the "Celebration of international and domestic entertainment, from across multiple medias".

They more likely will use employee parking lot behind waterworld, Waterworld, and maybe Jaws for the new area. Water World turns into one piece...jaws split into multiple attractions, and the employee parking lot for some more IPs. They will leave Hollywood open for more Cool, Jump, and HHN events.

I think we are hitting the point where USJ leadership is going to look to claim nearby land probably the Toyota Dealership and the recycling plant across the road.

They more likely will use employee parking lot behind waterworld, Waterworld, and maybe Jaws for the new area. Water World turns into one piece...jaws split into multiple attractions, and the employee parking lot for some more IPs. They will leave Hollywood open for more Cool, Jump, and HHN events.

I mean, Space Fantasy is approaching about over 10 years of limited operation.

And considering the updates their making to the area as it is, with the Curious George attraction and Sing On Tour (alongside that NBC Theater thing..) (and that's also not counting the elephant in the room that is Hollywood Dream just getting a Backwards change a few years back), I wouldn't necessarily call the Hollywood area safe.

I'm willing to bet the Employee Lot is for Pokemon. It'd be a stupid decision not to keep the two separate, especially considering Pokemon's status in the evergreen territory.

I do agree with you, in that Comcast and the current leaders of USJ are going to have to find a way to expand the park's parking "off" the main property. It makes a lot of sense, especially with the continued support of the park coming in, and that it could help for expansion space too.

Last edited:
I mean, Space Fantasy is approaching about over 10 years of limited operation.

And considering the updates their making to the area as it is, with the Curious George attraction and Sing On Tour (alongside that NBC Theater thing..) (and that's also not counting the elephant in the room that is Hollywood Dream just getting a Backwards change a few years back), I wouldn't necessarily call the Hollywood area safe.

I'm willing to bet the Employee Lot is for Pokemon. It'd be a stupid decision not to keep the two separate, especially considering Pokemon's status in the evergreen territory.

Sing On Tour is going into Minion Park not in the Hollywood Area. It still very limited what they can do in Hollywood unless they plan to cancel HHN and the seasonal events that bring in the most guests.

I will just say I don't envy USJ leadership as they have quite a few decisions to make regarding the future and the limited footprint. I wish them the best in their endeavors.

Sing On Tour is going into Minion Park not in the Hollywood Area. It still very limited what they can do in Hollywood unless they plan to cancel HHN and the seasonal events that bring in the most guests.

I will just say I don't envy USJ leadership as they have quite a few decisions to make regarding the future and the limited footprint. I wish them the best in their endeavors.

Sing is in Hollywood. It’s replacing Horror Make-Up.

I’d be surprised to ever see Space Fantasy return. It hasn’t operated as Space Fantasy in years.

Reactions: malice
Sing is in Hollywood. It’s replacing Horror Make-Up.

I’d be surprised to ever see Space Fantasy return. It hasn’t operated as Space Fantasy in years.

It actually had operated in the normal form, but it's only for an EXTREMELY small window of time to where one would ask "how the hell is it still open for that window of time?".

Last edited:
I would think there is a long term development plan coming for the resort. It's hitting record attendeance every year and like USH is just too small for the amount of visitors.

There was talk of a second park a few years back, but some distance from the current resort. What they really need is to take over more of the surrounding area and build a new gate.

I'm only surprised that the parking hasn't been moved 'off site' already.

It is assessed to be 108 acres with parking. The parking garage is slightly larger than Jaws (~8 acres) and then employee lot next to it can fit Waterworld inside. So maybe subtract 15 acres?
Thank you. Does that include the 5 or 6 acres for Nintendo? The park seems to have a lot of attractions for it's size. 15 million plus a year must make for some really crowded conditions.

Is there any chance of Universal Wonderland closing down anytime soon? The park will already have two major kids lands once SNW opens, and the space is huge. You could put Pokemon there and easily have plenty of room left over.

Is there any chance of Universal Wonderland closing down anytime soon? The park will already have two major kids lands once SNW opens, and the space is huge. You could put Pokemon there and easily have plenty of room left over.

I'd like that to happen, either for Wizarding world or SNW expansion, but it seems insanely popular with the locals and it must shift a tonne of merchandise for them so not sure it's going anywhere soon.

It's a shame as that area has always felt a bit un-universal to me compared to the rest of the park.

Nah

Little tiny kids are a huge demo for USJ and the land also is used for their huge Easter celebration. However I will say if they were to remove something from it...Charlie brown would be the first

Reactions: Magic-Man
Lots of news from February

First going back into their world street festival, there will be 7 different shows...

Seven entertainment such as character performance greeting and food market appear in the street in the park one after another, including transcendent performance and real live came from all over the world, cute new show of minions and others. Just walking through the park, you can experience the latest entertainment without worrying about waiting time. Not only "seeing" but also singing, dancing, meeting popular characters, etc., guests take part in the main act, "entering", dangerous stunning fun and overwhelming excitement It is enthusiastic participation type · new entertainment.

【Outline of New Entertainment】
"Sesame Street · Bollywood"
Venue: New York

Dive with everyone in the world of Bollywood! Watch Bollywood dance with gorgeous Indian clothes with Elmo! Friends of Sesame Street will struggle to shoot music videos of a world class Indian Diva. A light dance to the beautiful singers of authentic singers and dancers wearing brilliant costumes, and the the friends of Seaseme Street do their best, the venue gets exciting and the accident happens! What? To photograph the big powerful dance scene intact as it is a Bollywood movie and complete the video, guest cooperation is necessary! Please expect from the excitement show where the whole venue will be united.

· "Marevo de Argentina"
Venue: San Francisco Area

The new sense performance of dance and drums by the dance entertainment group "Malevo" (Marevo), the ultimate evolution of traditional Argentinian and Gaucho rhythms, first landed in Park . In a sexy and brave performance that makes full use of the lattice Latin super fast beat, dance of transcendental step and drum action, lasso, bola (rope with stone) etc, the body unintentionally carved beat and overwhelmingly powerful.

· "East · Meets · West · Quartet"
Venue: New York

world's best violin meets as the transcendental shamisen and modern shamisen collaborates, "two sounds" collide with one another, new sensation entertainment finally lifted! Let's jump into the amazing harmony of the masterpieces that Western and Oriental play in front of you!

· "Power of Pop ~ Remix ~"
Venue: Hollywood Area

Sri Lanka singers sing with an overwhelming powerful singing voice and great enthusiasm for transcendental harmony! Enjoy the popular pop songs· in this singing show.

· "Minion · Hachamecha · Ward"
place · New York · Area Although

A company holds a news release of the "instant mobile device" that was newly developed ... Minions have used the equipment without permission ! Let's get caught up in a funny funny ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha big fun of minions who are dressed in world costumes as families hang out together!

· "Wonderland · Seasons · Joy" * Starting March 15th (Friday)
Venue: Universal · Wonderland

Let's meet and interact with cute wonderland fellows happily! Costumes and music that changes cute with every season, with the best happy greetings, everyone's smile will start out!

· "World Street · Market" * Starting March 15th (Friday)
Place: New York · Area

Street enthusiasm during area park appears as it is on the market! Amid lively decorations related to the world's entertainment, you can enjoy popular food that transformed into the specification of each country to yourself! Exciting just walking, exciting tension MAX in a festive mood!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The night parade will get a limited time update with minion dance party before and after the parade from Gramery Square as the Square reacts to the music similiar to Night parade.

main02.jpg