Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...a thought's been crossing my mind more, and I didn't exactly want to post it on the Resort Expansion thread (for obvious reasons), as it does have Blue Sky/Speculation..but if Jurassic World (Project Raptor & River Adventure Overhaul) are both 2020..then what fills in the void that is 2021?

Considering the possibility of 2022 being Fantastic World's opening, perhaps 2021 is just a year of "Entertainment"? I could somewhat see that, considering Osaka is doing the exact same thing this year before the 2020 Tokyo Olympics/SNW Opening..but it makes me extremely wonder.
maybe Pets at USF...just guessing though...USF will need something.Just Bourne, or whatever it is, after F&F in 2018 though 2022 is kind of bare for that park.

maybe Pets at USF...just guessing though...USF will need something.Just Bourne, or whatever it is, after F&F in 2018 though 2022 is kind of bare for that park.

Honestly; I'm guessing that Shrek 4-D closes at the end of the year for either DWT or Pets, and IOA gets a "proper" nighttime show.

Im going to be probably wrong, but I get the impression that they'll probably want to have IOA and Universal ready for longer operational hours when UFW opens. And considering CineCele is already a big step for USF, it may make sense for Islands to be next on the list.

Especially, as JP is getting converted.

Honestly; I'm guessing that Shrek 4-D closes at the end of the year for either DWT or Pets, and IOA gets a "proper" nighttime show.

Im going to be probably wrong, but I get the impression that they'll probably want to have IOA and Universal ready for longer operational hours when UFW opens. And considering CineCele is already a big step for USF, it may make sense for Islands to be next on the list.

Especially, as JP is getting converted.
They've already taken a step in the longer operational hours this spring. Both parks will be open late for most evenings, short of the grad nights. That's unprecedented, and very welcome. My biggest gripe in the past with Universal was their closing early in non peak seasons. All of the hotel rooms are occupied with tourists who want something to do besides Citi Walk in the evenings.

USF is clearly becoming the events park (like Epcot but with rides you care to ride). With Rock the Universe, Potter weekend (died but could come back one day), Mardi Grass, Christmas parade and concert and HHN. In between they have their night time show.
I guess Universal sees a night time show for IOA as a competitor for their CityWalk and hotel amenities.

I expect the new park to have a night time show and a parade (day and night versions). If it's indeed the family park I expect it to be I'm sure they will have a hard ticket Halloween event for families that knocks the Mickey's Not so Scary event out of the water (I love to see vampire minions).
So each resort will have a night time park and one that closes earlier (until demand rises).

USF is clearly becoming the events park (like Epcot but with rides you care to ride). With Rock the Universe, Potter weekend (died but could come back one day), Mardi Grass, Christmas parade and concert and HHN. In between they have their night time show.
I guess Universal sees a night time show for IOA as a competitor for their CityWalk and hotel amenities.

I expect the new park to have a night time show and a parade (day and night versions). If it's indeed the family park I expect it to be I'm sure they will have a hard ticket Halloween event for families that knocks the Mickey's Not so Scary event out of the water (I love to see vampire minions).
So each resort will have a night time park and one that closes earlier (until demand rises).
Which stinks cause IOA looks so much cooler at night

Yes. And it's nice that Universal is finally keeping IOA open later in non peak seasons. I can finally enjoy the beauty of the park after dark on my vacations. And the rides Seuss Trolley, Reign of Kong and JPRA are even better in the dark.
It seems to be open at night more often than not nowadays...Especially when it's not daylight savings

They layout for UFS is just better for all these events than the circular IOA. IOA is stunning at night for sure.
The paths are also much much wider..I get why the designed IOA the way they did...One main path to hit all the main rides and then branching paths to explore more of the island if you wish

Hollywood and Diagon look outstanding at night though

What i would like to see in the fourth gate updated edition 01/21:
1. DreamWorks Area
2. Super Nintendo World
3. Lord Of the Rings
4. Star Trek-I just want it to come
5. DC Comics World-long shot I think universal would do an awesome job creating mini lands for Superman, Batman, etc.
6. Classic Monsters Land/Giant Monsters Land seperated/MonsterVerse
7. Retro Land-New Terminator from new movies...Genisys,2019 film,Back to the future,Jaws,Earthquake,Ghostbusters-likely.

What i would like to see in the fourth gate updated edition 01/21:
1. DreamWorks Area
2. Super Nintendo World
3. Lord Of the Rings
4. Star Trek-I just want it to come
5. DC Comics World-long shot I think universal would do an awesome job creating mini lands for Superman, Batman, etc.
6. Classic Monsters Land/Giant Monsters Land seperated/MonsterVerse
7. Retro Land-New Terminator from new movies...Genisys,2019 film,Back to the future,Jaws,Earthquake,Ghostbusters-likely.

My dude. This really isn't that kind of blue-sky thread anymore. It's more of a rumor discussion thread.

Well those are my rumored lands for a fourth gate. I think another WB property would work that’s a rumor since it isn’t an official thing yet.

Those aren't rumored anymore. They're out of the equation. And a retro land has never been a rumor.

And, no offense dude, but you kind of go over the same points and ask the same questions over and over again. A lot of your posts add nothing to the discussion.

I know Kong is not likely in the fourth gate but we haven’t heard anything about him not appearing again in the new park with Godzilla. Not sure if you knew out of a survey of different Park names legendary worlds, Legendary lands were possible names of a new park. Would fit in nicely with those 2 IP’s. Call me stupid but I think theirs a place to put these beasts in fantastic worlds.....
Meet All The Creatures From The Upcoming 'Kong: Skull Island' Movie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.