Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think I'm lying, but ask a Team Member how often they get asked "is this a ride" or "is this a roller coaster" a day

I personally think, like The Incredible Hulk coaster, this will have the word coaster in it

But does gringotts say “Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts Roller Coaster”?
It’s not called “Flight of the Hippogriff Coaster” because of the IP and how strict things are, they won’t just slap the word coaster on it.

Also, when it’s open, people will probably see portions of the track. And have warning signs out front that say “This is a roller coaster ride that includes sharp turns, acceleration, sudden drops, etc.”

You think I'm lying, but ask a Team Member how often they get asked "is this a ride" or "is this a roller coaster" a day

I personally think, like The Incredible Hulk coaster, this will have the word coaster in it
I got that question at least once an hour at Disaster! (along with does this ride run in the rain?). I even got asked that at Hogwarts Express

But does gringotts say “Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts Roller Coaster”?
It’s not called “Flight of the Hippogriff Coaster” because of the IP and how strict things are, they won’t just slap the word coaster on it.

Also, when it’s open, people will probably see portions of the track. And have warning signs out front that say “This is a roller coaster ride that includes sharp turns, acceleration, sudden drops, etc.”
I remember when Space Mountain first opened RCA objected to it being called a coaster so the warning simply said a turbulent thrill attraction in the dark (never use the word ride at Disney in those days). After many complaints it was changed to "Space Mountain is a thrilling roller-coaster-type ride in the dark". LOL

The thing about guests is they will ride a ride that looks appealing, or be the kind of guest who will ride anything they see with a short queue. still wonder how many people have got to the front of the queue in forbidden journey and panicked due to seeing over the shoulder restraints. since to a lot of people those restraints = high thrill and upside-down ride.

Still nice thing about the layout of the coaster, notice how apart from at the end really there are no brake runs
Disney has issue sometimes with putting 10 brake runs in a coaster to get higher throughput

This is going to be a amazing really well themed coaster :)

Working greeter at Jaws, that was always my favorite question.

I'll be honest, I don't think I ever rode Jaws before it closed. :bigeye:
The last time I had the chance, the "high speed boat chase" description scared me off at the ripe age of 14.

I have some regrets in life.

To be fair, you can watch a POV today within a day and determine if a ride is for you or not, if you have the slightest inkling of preparedness (or you can watch the video right outside the line - gotta love modern technology).

I only rode Jaws a few times. I could never understand the excitement over the attraction. It was OK , but not great. Like Disaster & Twister, it wasn't something I would ride more than once on a vacation. And it sure took up a ton of space in a park that has a premium on land. ....OK, you Jaws fans can stone me now. :lol: :box: Diagon Alley, with Gringotts and Hogwart's Express is 100 times better than Amity/Jaws. No comparison.

I only rode Jaws a few times. I could never understand the excitement over the attraction. It was OK , but not great. It wasn't something I would ride more than once on a vacation. And it sure took up a ton of space in a park that has a premium on land. ....OK, you Jaws fans can stone me now. :lol: :box: Diagon Alley, with Gringotts and Hogwart's Express is 100 times better than Amity/Jaws. No comparison.
Looks like this guy’s gonna be shark bait in 10 minutes.

Jaws was awesome, Gringotts is fine. Amity was quaint, Diagon Alley is incredibly, jaw-droppingly great.
I only rode Jaws a few times. I could never understand the excitement over the attraction. It was OK , but not great. Like Disaster & Twister, it wasn't something I would ride more than once on a vacation. And it sure took up a ton of space in a park that has a premium on land. ....OK, you Jaws fans can stone me now. :lol: :box: Diagon Alley, with Gringotts and Hogwart's Express is 100 times better than Amity/Jaws. No comparison.
giphy.gif

Jaws was great, but I didnt quite appreciate it at the time. I was spoilt as a kid with multiple trips to Orlando and thus multiple rides on Jaws and I just used to compare it against the excitement of BTTF and didnt quite appreciate the sheer scale of the attraction and AA's.

For those wondering how silly large corporations can be about secrecy...

Also Jaws was great. It was an darkride outside, a show on a boat if you will.

I would’ve answered, “it runs fine in the rain but not so much during an earthquake.”
One time we went down before the first scene started. So I came out and said "You all know about earthquakes, fires, floods and disasters? Well, we don't have any of that... so we can't start right now." I think that's the only time I got laughs doing a shutdown spiel. :D

I could see that. Although going into the gatehouse would have us going back toward hogwarts. Exiting the gatehouse takes you outside towards hagrids hut, the quittich field, and forbidden forest.

Or it just may be another archway that looks similar to the gatehouse ‍♂️
Well that makes it even better, since Hagrid's Hut is right there, just to the left of this archway!

Status
Not open for further replies.